Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mortal Insults!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pauladev
I couldn't find the appropriate forum for general chat, but here goes!
I have just got hold of a book in the Design Classics series by Ulrich von Mende, entitled "The Porsche 911 by Ferdinand Porsche" Inside there is a photo of a beautiful red 914/6 with the caption " The 914. A "phony" Porsche that is long on VW technology and short on Porsche cachet. While output was impressive, little enthusiasm was generated" Later in the text there is the following comment. " In 1969, Porsche, with its close business ties to VW, had to include the "Volksporsche" from Wolfsburg, a midship model with design features uncharacteristic of Porsche, in its range. In its six years of production, 118978 came off the line, yet none of them had anything approaching the pizzazz of the 911."
I realise this is a book on design, probably by a "designer" or a hairdresser, but really!! The question is - do we (a)take out a fatwah on Ulrich ar15.gif or (b)demand an apology and appropriate compensation from the publisher, Yack.gif or ©just bend over and say "Thank you very much Mein Herr!!" pray.gif
rick 918-S
No point in getting worked up over comments made by the wine and cheese crowd. It's like listening to a movie critic. I'm kinda glad the PoVo was viewed as it was. It kept the snobs away from one of the most undeveloped and finest platforms ever built. We get back at those guy's on race day... clap56.gif
SLITS
Jus bend him over and screw him with a bratwurst - he'll get the idea finger.gif Iffin he's a taildragger fan, he likes it in the butt anyway.
thesey914
(Hi Paul, how is your viper Green?)
In this months GT (purely Porsche) mag. there is some writers musings on what Porsche got wrong.....and there is a picture of a 914-6 -if I paraphrase the copy it reads "blah, blah blah....something ...the Porsche 914..something ..with its push me pull you looks...."
Can't these writers come up with some original superlatives for once!!!!
If I had a pound for everytime I've read that in the opinion of the writer one can't tell the front from the back....
Dumbasses ar15.gif

-James
rick 918-S
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Apr 23 2004, 12:24 PM)
(If I had a pound for everytime I've read that in the opinion of the writer one can't tell the front from the back....
Dumbasses ar15.gif

-James

Like I want to take a guy seriuosly that can't tell his from from his back. lol2.gif lol2.gif
Gint

Now that's funny. laugh.gif This *IS* the forum for general chat!

You'd better get used to those sorts of comments. Many of the Porsche books you;ll find on the shelf have those types of comments. So what? huh.gif

We know better. Welcome to the club!
pauladev
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 23 2004, 03:27 PM)

Now that's funny. laugh.gif This *IS* the forum for general chat!

You'd better get used to those sorts of comments. Many of the Porsche books you;ll find on the shelf have those types of comments. So what? huh.gif

We know better. Welcome to the club!

Now that's funny.  This *IS* the forum for general chat!

Doh!! And I thought it was just the 'Technical Forum' - as it said on the box!!! agree.gif
Gint
Stick around for a while and you'll see what I mean. Let's see soem pics of your teener in the Members 914 pictures thread. (<-- that's a link to a different thread)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.