Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: full flow oil fitting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
realred914
hi; i want to make my new motor full flow, I will aalso be usign an aftermarket oil cooler with fan in addtion to the stock cooler, so i need to route some hoses and will require the larger high Pressure filter since this will be full flow.

since I will need to remote locate my filter I'd like to get a block off plate to replace the stock filter adaptor. on this plate i will have the in and out fittings to go to my hoses that will feed my relocated filter and extra cooler (and thermostat)

at anyrate, who makes an adaptor plate with pipe threads for the in and out that fits were teh stock oil filter holder goes? anyone???

thanks
Cap'n Krusty
You DO understand the T4 engine is already "full flow", right? That said, there are plenty of adapters out there from dozens of different sources.

The Cap'n
realred914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 2 2010, 08:04 AM) *

You DO understand the T4 engine is already "full flow", right? That said, there are plenty of adapters out there from dozens of different sources.

The Cap'n

the engine is not really full flow, not with the bypass ball and spring in the oil filter holder. cold oil at high rpms wil make the oil bypass the filter, i want to avoid that and have all the oil be filtered all the time, even when cold.

Please let me know the names of the folks with plenty of adaptors or some of the dozens of sources.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(realred914 @ Dec 2 2010, 08:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 2 2010, 08:04 AM) *

The Cap'n

the engine is not really full flow, not with the bypass ball and spring in the oil filter holder. cold oil at high rpms wil make the oil bypass the filter, i want to avoid that and have all the oil be filtered all the time, even when cold.

Please let me know the names of the folks with plenty of adaptors or some of the dozens of sources.

Most people don't see the need to have all the oil flow through the filter stone cold. Sorry for the confusion. Might be difficult to find a large filter designed to take the pressure. There is a small BMW filter made for that, but it's half the size of a standard VW filter for the water cooled engines. Handles 30 BAR, though. Here's what I found by Googling "full flow oil filter adapters for VW":

http://tinyurl.com/22u8pjt

If you want an adapter that bolts to the block, you may have to make it yourself. If you want to eliminate the check ball, you may have to simply remove it.

The information on that link should keep you busy for a while!

The Cap'n
tradisrad
The information on that link should keep you busy for a while!

The Cap'n

AND OFF OF THE STREETS
Mark Henry
QUOTE(realred914 @ Dec 2 2010, 10:49 AM) *

ont hispalte i will have the in and out fittings to go to my hoses that will feed my relocated filter and extra cooler (and thermostat)

thanks

What? blink.gif

Anyways dry.gif you doing it wrong.
realred914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 2 2010, 12:03 PM) *

ont hispalte i will have the in and out fittings to go to my hoses that will feed my relocated filter and extra cooler (and thermostat)

thanks

What? blink.gif

"on this plate...." spaced the word wrong and swapped some letters by miss take.
McMark
Fixed your "on this plate", Dave. wink.gif

I could make you the adapter plate, but you could also drill and tap the case directly to NPT if you were inclined.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(realred914 @ Dec 2 2010, 03:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 2 2010, 12:03 PM) *

thanks

What? blink.gif

"on this plate...." spaced the word wrong and swapped some letters by miss take.

hooo kay .

What pump are you running?

To me full flow is running a modified type 1 pump, with a full flow cover and modified engine mount, to your cooler and filter adapter and back to a tapped oil galley plug.

Type 4 pump it's a waste of time IMHO, just run the sandwich adapter. McMarks way will work, basically the same thing but more work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.