Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re-Heating my 914... Need Some Help.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
casey944
PO of my car decided it was a good idea to remove all heat pieces from my car... So I am attempting to put together an exhaustive list of what i will need to do it... Then i will go back through my car, see if anything is still attached to it and work up from there.

Does anyone have a list or diagram of what is required? tried searching and it didnt turn up everything.

Casey
realred914
QUOTE(casey944 @ Dec 2 2010, 07:56 AM) *

PO of my car decided it was a good idea to remove all heat pieces from my car... So I am attempting to put together an exhaustive list of what i will need to do it... Then i will go back through my car, see if anything is still attached to it and work up from there.

Does anyone have a list or diagram of what is required? tried searching and it didnt turn up everything.

Casey

haynes book has some nice diagrams of the parts. you hsould get a haynes book if you have not all ready, very use full.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/p...arts/202-15.php

QUOTE(casey944 @ Dec 2 2010, 08:56 AM) *

Casey
casey944
Thanks George. I just sent Rich an email RE: Cayman Turbo Kits... Just finished a 2.7L specific non intercooled version.

Maybe we can work something out with getting my heat fixed.
type47
PET is your friend. There is also a Porsche site that has parts diagrams for all their models. I'll look for the address...

Here, try this:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...partscatalogue/

illustration 202-15
casey944
Thanks Jim... you dont have any parts laying around do you?
type47
Probably, but finding them is another thing, I'll look tomorrow. Do you have "good" heat exchangers (good meaning the outside cover of the exhaust tubes is intact. There are 2 short extensions that that the valve mounts to that have to screw into something to solidly mount them)?
JmuRiz
I PM'd you on another board.

Experts, do 2.0 setups work on a 1.7 if it has a 2.0 muffler along with all the other bits too?
SLITS
right and left "S" tubes
right and left "J" tubes
right and left "Extensions"
right and left "Flapper Valves" with barrel nuts
2 ea 12" hi-temp hoses (55 mm?)
right and left warm air deflectors (useful, but not really needed)
One engine compartment blower (for use a low rpm or idle)
Length of heater hose (55 mm?) to connect blower to right and left "J" tubes
heater lever (if removed)
heater wire pull (if removed)

Think that is about it. All parts are the same from '69 to '74. "75-'76 are different.

Yippie ...................... ain't rocket science
bdstone914
I should have all the main metal pieces you need. PM me when you figure out what you need/dont need and we will work something out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.