Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Plugs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
monkeyboy
I am putting my car back together. Does anyone know the part number for the 9 plugs that go in the front of the car behind the bumper? Mine are all dry rotted.

Where can I get them from?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
914 559 252 10 discontinued new from the factory plenty of the guys here should have good used ones, we have made a reproduction of the plug you can see on our site under b91455925210

QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Dec 2 2010, 10:58 AM) *

I am putting my car back together. Does anyone know the part number for the 9 plugs that go in the front of the car behind the bumper? Mine are all dry rotted.

Where can I get them from?

monkeyboy
I looked in the catalog and didn't see it.

Thanks.
dem
High Performance House - Rich gave me one for a dollar.. but that may be because they were closing up early that day and I was only missing one.

(650) 364-6234 - they ship daily.

McMark
When you buy used ones, be aware that the lip that pops inside the car can rip. The plug looks fine, until you go to install it.

But posting a WTB in our classifieds should get you a stack of them quick and cheap.
monkeyboy
Thanks McMark. That happened with my old ones so I was looking for new ones.
jim_hoyland
I bought some used ones, not all new looking. But I tried soaking them in diluted simple green for a week and then using a toothbrush oer the surface. Looked like new after that.... smile.gif
curt914
I've always wondered...what is the purpose of those plugs?

Curt
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(curt914 @ Dec 2 2010, 01:45 PM) *

Curt

And what is ( was) the purpose of the holes ? If you look at an aftermarket replacement front, there are no holes !
MDG
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 2 2010, 05:52 PM) *

QUOTE(curt914 @ Dec 2 2010, 01:45 PM) *

Curt

And what is ( was) the purpose of the holes ? If you look at an aftermarket replacement front, there are no holes !

Holes for the spot welding arms to reach into.
pcar916
Soak 'em for a couple of hours in glycerin. Great stuff for lots of old plastic parts. Don't leave 'em for a long time since I've never tried that. Might be ok but I don't know for sure.
jmill
Heating them up in boiling water helps them get flexible enough again for you to install them when hot.
bdstone914
I can get you a nice used set. PM me if interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.