Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif

Let's start out 2011 together! The January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion will be January 1st 10am to 1pm at Family Donuts and Deli - 9045 Fair Oaks Blvd. in Carmichael California. Note the later start time to accommodate the guys who went out the night before. See you there![b] Definately don't come drunk because after we close up the donut shop let's head over to RPM and tear up the track.
ConeDodger
cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif

Come on down! First event of the New Year! Bring the car and the family... The January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Hangover Edition is going down!
McMark
Mmmm doughnut/donuts! BTW, why is your thread PINK?
happy11.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 3 2010, 12:28 PM) *

Mmmm doughnut/donuts! BTW, why is your thread PINK?
happy11.gif

Nice... I will get back at you. See the Hot Chicks thread in the Sandbox. Your uniform policy at OC might not pass muster if she complains to the State... evilgrin.gif
biosurfer1
I'd like to come but I'll be on my way home from Tahoe and dont think I'll make it:(
Cambo
I'm gonna try to make this one. If all goes well, I get off work at 8am. Hopefully no rain so I can drive the little yellow car down! driving.gif
ConeDodger
By the way Mark, Yopu says it's MAUVE... Whatever the hell that is???
ConeDodger

Today let's go down to Original Customs and do some limo work! But on the 1st of January let's celebrate 2011 together at the Deli! The January Hangover Edition Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is just a few weeks away!
ConeDodger

Come on down and get your donut on! That and coffee are a sure cure for a hangover! See you at the January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion - Hangover Edition!
ConeDodger

Let's get hopped up on sugar and caffeine then tear up the track at RPM Kart Racing! If we get a group of 10 or more we can all be in the same bunch on the track! Who's down! The January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion - Hangover Edition is just a few weeks away!
Justinp71
I might be down with my nephew (he's rpm certified), I'll have to see all what the holiday plans are at home...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Dec 7 2010, 02:11 PM) *

I might be down with my nephew (he's rpm certified), I'll have to see all what the holiday plans are at home...

Cool. So is Nicho...
ConeDodger

Let's get together and burn up some rubber! RPM from 1pm to ? after donuts from 10 am to 1pm. See you at the January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion - Hangover Edition! Come detox with us!!! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Only 21 days and a wake-up till the January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + RPM Kart Track Event Hangover Edition... Sound off if you're up for that!
ConeDodger

You think you're fast? Prove it! Come on down to the January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Hangover Edition and then slide on over to RPM afterwards. We're goin' to tear up the track! See you there!
ConeDodger

Let's start the year off like real car guys! Together bullshitting about cars... See you at the January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion - Hangover Event! RPM afterward.
Elliot Cannon
"21 days and a wake up". Sounds vaguely familiar. July 1969 and I was SHORT!!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 13 2010, 10:47 AM) *

"21 days and a wake up". Sounds vaguely familiar. July 1969 and I was SHORT!!

Short enough to dangle your feet off a dime?
ConeDodger

Why be bored and have a headache when you can hang out with the gang (and have a headache)? The January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Hangover Edition is just a couple weeks off! Make your resolution to be there!
ConeDodger

Wanna Race? The January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + RPM is just a bit more than 2 weeks away... Make your resolution to be there!
palmer_md
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 16 2010, 12:42 PM) *

Wanna Race? The January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + RPM is just a bit more than 2 weeks away... Make your resolution to be there!

How many people are you expecting? My girlfriend and I might come up from Stockton if were not out too late the night before. We've never been to rpm. Is it expensive to start for a first timer? Licenses or anything? The 914 is not running right now but should be by mid January.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(palmer_md @ Dec 16 2010, 02:01 PM) *

How many people are you expecting? My girlfriend and I might come up from Stockton if were not out too late the night before. We've never been to rpm. Is it expensive to start for a first timer? Licenses or anything? The 914 is not running right now but should be by mid January.

Not sure what the cost is. But on the plus side, you can stimulate the economy! A license is required and they set you up with that the first visit. Consider it part of your New Year celebration! drunk.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif icon8.gif
al weidman
I will give it a try, thanks for the 10am. santa_smiley.gif

Click to view attachment

ConeDodger
QUOTE(al weidman @ Dec 16 2010, 08:36 PM) *

I will give it a try, thanks for the 10am. santa_smiley.gif

Click to view attachment

No problem Al. I know how you and Susan party!!! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

So what's it going to be? Are you going to lay in bed with a headache or get up and have a ball? The January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion + RPM kart track is coming up! We're going to really fly!!!
Justinp71
QUOTE(palmer_md @ Dec 16 2010, 02:01 PM) *

You just need a drivers license unless your under 16, racing is about $20 for about a 20 min race. Pretty cheap considering these are 40 mph go carts, not the 10 mph scandia ones!
ConeDodger

Can you believe it? 2011 is just two weeks away! Come on down and help celebrate the New Year with the gang. Saturday, January 1st, 2011 10am to 1pm then off to RPM for some Kart Track Racing! Address is in the first post but if you have questions ask them here!
ConeDodger

Let's get together and feel alright! smoke.gif See you at the January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion - Hangover Event!
palmer_md
Wouldn't it make sense to add this to the events calendar? There does not seem to be anything listed in the calendar. If it is listed wont is show up on the home page under upcoming events?
ConeDodger

The year is winding down! Time to get together and chat about our winter project plans. What will you get accomplished this winter? Let's hear about it at the January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion - Hangover Event! Then off to RPM so we can prove who's the hottest shoe! See you there!
ConeDodger

Come have a donut and wash it down with some SPEED at RPM! The January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion - Hangover Edition is just a week and a half away!! See you there...
ConeDodger

Time to strap on a kart and show the World who's got the big shoe! The January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion - Hangover Event is just 9 days off... Bring it! And no puking on the kart track! blink.gif
ConeDodger

A week and a day! The January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion - Hangover Edition is coming up soon!
ConeDodger

Merry Christmas to all the Sacramento Peeps! Just one week until the January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion - Hangover Event! Hang with the gang till 1pm then off to RPM for some SPEED THERAPY!
Brent
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 3 2010, 10:40 PM) *

I was married once, Mauve is a dark pink, light burgundy. Your highlight displays Pepto Pink.

HiJack: 914 at Pick N Pull Sacramento. Many good parts still available.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Brent @ Dec 25 2010, 04:18 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 3 2010, 10:40 PM) *

I was married once, Mauve is a dark pink, light burgundy. Your highlight displays Pepto Pink.

VIN# foul!!! Where is the VIN number!!! blink.gif
Brent

[/quote]

VIN# foul!!! Where is the VIN number!!! blink.gif
[/quote]
Vin number is on the Vin thread. , upon further review, the play stands as called on the field, Brent retains his timeout.
ConeDodger

The year is coming to an end and another is just beginning. Let's get the World together and bring it on with some speed! Donuts to fuel us up and RPM to get our SPEED on! See you Saturday at the January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion - Hangover Event! driving.gif driving-girl.gif
ConeDodger

This is going to be great! Kick out the old year and welcome in the new at the January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion - Hangover Event. Donuts and hanging out in the morning, RPM Karts in the afternoon! I predict Justin P. will be the hot local driver and if he shows up, Bill M. from the Z car guys will smoke us all like bacon! (former SCCA national champ). See you there!
mtndawg
I may be there with the new 911. The carts are fun too!
ConeDodger

The new year is almost here! See you all in the morning at the January Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion - Hangover Event. First we chowtime.gif and hang out, then we head over to RPM and driving.gif See you in the morning! Remember - 10am start!
palmer_md
Sorry I missed you guys this morning. My fiance and I stayed at my brother in law's house until 4am, so we slept past the event. Actually my fiance is still sleeping. Wish I could have gone as I really wanted to try driving at RPM, and I wanted to see some other 914's to help motivate me on my project. Hopefully I'll catch up with you all at some other near future event.

Happy New Year !!!

Michael

ConeDodger
So another Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is in the books! We had a surprising turn out. There is a table at the donut shop that seats 16 people and we had that covered and spilled into another table as well. I didn't do an accurate count but we had quite a herd. One of the guys drove up from San Leandro 'just to get some miles on (my) car'.

At 1PM we all headed over to RPM for some SPEED THERAPY. With a little teasing and flirting with the RPM babe I managed to get us all in a single group by ourselves. So 5 of us went out on the course in a group without any other people there... Bill Madamba and Gary Cook (Z Car guys) have the most track experience and it showed as they lapped the field at least twice. Gary ended the session in first with Bill just 5/100 of a second back of his best. Justin P, one of the Porsche guys was in third and I was 1/3 second back from him. Don brought up the rear.
Because we were only 5 of us on the track, I spent a good deal of time by myself. So when I came up behind Don on the North end of the track, I was just itching to set up a good pass. I stabbed the brakes to set myself up to come out of the corner inside of Don and then jumped on the throttle hard trying to get to the next corner and pinch him off behind me. I would have made it too if I didn't get nailed from behind by Gary who had his own pass in mind! I got punted ahead and lost both of them in the corner while trying to collect myself and get pointed back up track. I passed Don in the corner at the South end and later I told Gary if he was going to hit me that hard from behind he should probably take me out to dinner and some dancing first! Whew!!!
It was great fun and we will be doing that again for sure!!! Thanks to all who came!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.