Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need pics of 914/6 motor mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
3liter914-6
Well, I've been doing well on getting the engine back in, but I think I've just come up to the final roadblock and they've got the spike strips laid out. sad.gif

I bolted on the front engine mount, and the tin doesn't fit around it. Thinking about it, I seem to remember that this isn't the way the mount is supposed to look at all. There should be a triangular extension that the huge bolt goes through, right? anyone have a pic of this? I looked at the PET, but it only shows it from the back side (901 part number though, was this not a /6 only part?). Shows some very similar looking 911 mounts.

So can anyone confirm it's in fact a 911 mount? Or am I missing some other piece that goes on this to complete the mount.

IPB Image
IronHillRestorations
That looks like a 911 engine mount to me.

For a 914-6 though, you've got to unbolt that bracket on the right side (as you look at the fan) of the engine mount. You've also got to unbolt the bracket on the very front of the engine mount console.

What sort of mount are you using? I don't know of a firewall mount that bolts right to the stock 911 engine mount console.

PK cool.gif
3liter914-6
Well, I was planning on using the factory mount, as it's an original 6. Looks like when I got the engine back from the guy I rebuilt it with, I was given the wrong mount.

So I'm right in thinking that extension is welded on rather than a piece that bolts on and I'm just missing? 4 years is a long time to try and remember this stuff...

I just want to make sure before I get on the phone and get all nassy with him.Yack.gif
IronHillRestorations
That extra bracket isn't on a 914-6 mount. I think it's for a smog pump or a/c compressor. That is without a doubt NOT your 914-6 engine mount.

PK cool.gif
Jeffs9146
Photo #1
Jeffs9146
Photo #2
Jeffs9146
Photo #3

Sorry for the Andy shots!

Jeff
3liter914-6
QUOTE(9146986 @ Apr 23 2004, 04:49 PM)
That extra bracket isn't on a 914-6 mount. I think it's for a smog pump or a/c compressor. That is without a doubt NOT your 914-6 engine mount.

PK cool.gif

That's what I needed to hear. It's gotta be the engine guy then as that's the only place I could have gotten a 911 engine mount in place of the /6 piece.

If in the last 4 years it's gotten thrown away or misplaced or whatever, does anyone have a source for one? I'll look at hershey, but the only place I can find that lists it online is AA @ $150 used, $330 new. Obviously I'd prefer not to deal with them... Odd that it has 901 115 012 00 P/N...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.