Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: stock 1.7 motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BuddyV
I have a stock 1.7 motor in my car that I will be pulling next week. I would like to sell it as soon as it drops. The motor will be near Redwood City, California.

I have had the motor in my car for a year and it is in perfect shape. Standard power for a 1.7 and starts on the first turn of the key ever time. It was a temporary motor for me, and now needs to come out.

Complete from tins to oil bath air cleaner. No trans.

Still time to drive it before it's pulled/dropped out.

$450 seems to be a fair price.

Robert
(707) 888-1857
koozy
Dang, that's a good deal.
BuddyV
Buy it, Mike!

cheer.gif
koozy
I would if I needed a 1.7. It's probably the best deal out there on a turn key 1.7.

914xprs
agree.gif
QUOTE(koozy @ Dec 2 2010, 04:43 PM) *

I would if I needed a 1.7. It's probably the best deal out there on a turn key 1.7.

thats a hell of a deal, thats a core price!!!!
good luck with sale and ill keep passing the word along as well
windforfun
See if Rich at HPH wants it. Is that where you're dropping it? What are you replacing it with?
BuddyV
I bought the 2.0 from the chopped-top autocross car posted for sale. Not dropping at HPH.... but I will consider calling him if a member does not snap this up.

The motor runs super-nicely.... In fact, despite the basic horsepower, I will probably miss it every time I have to tinker with the carbs in my new set-up.

It has actaully been nice having a trouble-free motor for a change.... but it's time for a change.

Cheers!

.... I hope someone local can use the motor.
tuff914
Hi I might be interested in this motor, can you please tell me its
engine number (914 or type 4?)
also any idea how much to get delivered to address below.

Mainfreight International Inc
Los Angeles CA.

Thanks for your help
cheers
John
BuddyV
Bump...
sean_v8_914
I have a customer who killed his engine and can not afford a rebuild right now. I wonder if I could get some tranportation help, maybe leapfrog it down to san diego. this would be perfect for him and would be a huge help since his house is down to 1 car without the teener running
reno_914
Pretty sure I am going to have to take this off your hands. I recently bought a 73 914 that someone let water get into the motor. Only paid 450 for the car though. I live in reno so cant really drive there to see it run, but I will take your word for it that it runs good. Im just looking for a motor till I can afford a 6 conversion. Let me know if we have a deal.

Thanks,
Kyle
reno_914
Also the car didn't have any exhaust when I bought it. do you still have the heat exchangers and if you do and there for sale, how much?

Thanks again,
Kyle
BuddyV
Kyle -

I will not be using the heat exchangers - you can have them in my $450 price. Also, I have had a perfect condition 1.7 exhaust in my garage.... you can have that, too for my $450 asking price.

But please call me to secure the deal. I have a lot of people calling with weird question LOL!..... first person to make a deal with me gets it.

I will send you a PM, as well.

Respected member from this site is assisting with the motor drop.... his mechanic can confirm current condition if you call ASAP.... being pulled early this week (Tomorrow).

Robert
(707) 888-1857
Ronald4780
I'm interested. Please pm me.
reno_914
Robert,
I just called and left a message, hopefully we have a deal. I work all week but have the weekend off, was planning on a little hunting trip but that can change. And thanks for throwing the exhaust and heat exchangers. it will be a big help to getting the car on the road this coming spring. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Kyle.
BuddyV
*** PENDING ****

... with Reno 914.
reno_914
Installed and running, thanks again Robert.
BuddyV
AWESOME!

Great to see a fellow member get a fair shake.
beerchug.gif

Now how do I remove this posting? screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.