Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jporsche914
I am looking for a set of sexy wheels for my 1972 914 much different look than my stock VW wheels. I am really wanting a set of 16 inch wheels to fit under my stock 1972 fenders. does any body know of a cheap 16 inch wheel for a 914??pictures would be great. I have also been looking in the performance products magazine and have found the riviera,empi,and the 2.0 rim in there for cheap. which wheel do you think would look best on my car?? i am leaning towards the black spoked empi rims right now.
TheCabinetmaker
http://www.revousa.com/revolution.htm
brant
Nice looking car...

where did you find it..
I like it.

so I'm not too sure about 4-bolt 16inchers...
the empi's look nice but don't have a very favorable offsett if you want to run wide tires.....

the aftermarket fuchs are not as strong at the real ones... you may want to find a used set of real ones?

brant
nebreitling
frankly, i like the wheels you have on it right now.

16" not likely in a 4-bolt.

15/17's RFX

stay away from empi, riviera, etc. -- they're just another (heavy) 15"x5.5 wheel -- for that size you're much better off with 4lug fuchs.
jporsche914
Thanks brant. I found my car in a wheels deals magazine here in colorado, springs about 5 minutes from my house. It was in there for 3 grand. 3 days later it was all mine . biggrin.gif
brant
very nice...
it looks pretty cool stock-ish..

but you gotta make it look the way you like it

b
machina
I should hold comment, I have 3 sets of 15x7 fuchs but I think your car looks awsome with the steel wheels and covers. I never liked any of the 4 lug 914 wheels, they just look flat and dated to me.

But those damn wheel covers make that car.

Keep'm

dr
onrails
i'm sure everyone here will agree w/ me.
the very best looking wheels are ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,riveras! happy11.gif
lol,,,,,,jk
F4i
Not to deter you from your new car. Which looks great BTW. But the words porsche 914 and cheap rarely meet. Those stock wheel get my vote as well. That said I am going to 17" revolution wheels. They are around 250.00 a wheel. The link was posted above. They have 2 other wheels that fit. Good luck.
brant
james,

when or if you do upgrade... I might be interested in the hubcaps and wheels...

I absolutely don't need them, but they do look pretty cool.....

brant
machina
I knew I liked it for some reason, seen it before in these prototype pictures. Dude, you have an unmolested piece of history, don't mess with it.

Buy another one to hotrod. burnout.gif

dr
seanery
I like 'em, too! If you do put something else on I've got a set of knockoff Fuchs for sale.
anthony
I'd wait until a nice set of Fuchs, Pedrinis, or Mahles come up for sale. The Porsche spec'd wheels, 4 lug or 5 lug, IMO, are the best looking wheels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.