Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *SOLD* - 1974 open cockpit race car. (Roller)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
koozy
Selling my 1974 open cockpit autocross car. Roller (no engine or trans) Not street legal but comes with original blue plates, signed certificate of title and bill of sale for chain of custody in case you for some reason wanted to make it street legal again.

H&H adjustable front sway (probably 19mm)
Dan Gurney wheels with proper lug bolts
Hoosier A6 tires with some life left on them (at least another couple of AX events)
Doors have been gutted to just skins and welded shut with small tabs (still has the hinges so you can cut the tabs if ya want)
Roll cage with NASCAR style door bars for the driver's side (see pics)
Dino steering wheel with hub
Fuel and power cutoff switches on firewall (starts with key/ignition in stock location)
Front shocks are external adjustable KONI sport
Rears are KYB with stock springs (Can throw in a set of 180 springs for a small fee)
Stock torsion bars
stock brakes work fine
e-brake still in place and works fine
busted up race seat (works OK but ya might want to replace it)
Front and rear lids have race pins (front still hinged but rear is not)
Engine lid is held on by latches that need replaced but I run with the lid off since it's bent from me running over it
(I'll throw in a nice engine lid if you want one)
Part of the rear trunk has been cut out to shed weight
Headlights still work
Tail lights have been removed and replaced with round lights just for brakes
Rear bumper removed and tubes welded in place
Windshield has been lopped off and has a plexi screen (see pics)
Custom rear spoiler does not come with the car
Body is bumped up a bit here and there but it looks ok for what it is
Jack tube housings need to be replaced or just cut off and patched.
The rest of the car looks to be rather rust free other than some occasional surface rust and some close to where the windshield towers were cut off.

Selling the car whole for the bargain rate of $500. Car will be available 12/11/2010
If it doesn't go in one piece I'll start parting it out mid December.

Photos here:
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/12275407_xF...875386393_DvxAT

The person in the photo gallery above is the guy I purchased it from. The car looks a little different now (like the photo below) since I painted the sides black and left the rest alone. Painted a few swipes of orange in the front. Last photo in the gallery is all the material I took out of the doors. Close to 50lbs of material. it's light and was fast with a 2.0 in it. I autocrossed it this year with the GGR-PCA. Did quite well. Look at the standings for this car (called the "batmobile") on the pca-ggr site.

$500 for the whole thing. No parts yet, please. I'd rather this thing just go as one lump.

IPB Image
koozy
OK. Engine and trans have been removed. I'll start parting this out this weekend if no takers. Bump for a good roller. This would make a great "Lemons" race car. It trophied a lemons race once before. No reason it can't do it again.
70_914
If only you were closer...
bcaschera
it looks like it only needs a pair of windshield wipers to be "street Legal", No?
koozy
I don't really know. It's not all that much different from most of the buggies I have seen. I don't think it would be all that difficult to make streetable as long as the windscreen passes muster. I have seen other custom street cars with short wind screens such as this. But, as always, you would need to verify with your local governing bodies as it is being sold without warranty expressed or implied about it's street legal capabilities. I believe it does have all the paperwork needed to register it.
koozy
I don't have a bunch of time on my hands at the moment so I'll put off parting the car out until Friday. So, one last bump for good measure.
Evil914
QUOTE(koozy @ Dec 12 2010, 11:14 AM) *

I don't have a bunch of time on my hands at the moment so I'll put off parting the car out until Friday. So, one last bump for good measure.

poke.gif I'd be interested in the frt.sway bar if the price is right....What size are those wheels?
koozy
The sway will be $125. The Dan Gurney wheels are 6 inch. Those will be $125 for the set with the Hoosier tires and $225 for the set with practically new Dunlop Direzza DZ101 tires (at about 90% tread left). 195/50/15 82V (this set comes with lug nuts. the ones with the Hoosiers do not)

All plus actual shipping costs
tradisrad
pm sent
koozy
PM replied. Thanks Rob. I'll get back to you when I start pulling it apart.
racerbvd
I wist this was closer,,
koozy
Me too. I would really like to see someone else race this thing. Worst case, I take a few parts and give it to a buddy here that will put it to use as a race car so all is not lost just yet.
koozy
The whole kit and kaboodle is pending
koozy
*SOLD* Thanks folks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.