Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SS braided hose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
There is a huge industrial hose place couple miles from me. They have this stainless braided hose. Has same pressure capacity and ID, OD, temp as the aeroquip, earls, etc...

Do you think this can work with the AN fittings? I'll bet all these companies buy it from these guys anyway.

dr
ChrisFoley
The catalog spread says its Teflon hose. That isn't anything like the Aeroquip, etc. rubber hose.
lapuwali
However, it is very like the brake hose supplied by several vendors for fabricating your own stainless brake lines with fittings from Earl's, et al.
rdracrdave
Actually Aeroquip does make fittings for teflon lined metal braided hose. the fittings that you see in your hot rod/ racing catalog are usually for rubber lined hose .
There is a company selling aeroquip fittings on ebay ,in the industrial section , that has those kinds of fittings . do a search for aeroquip and you may come up with the ends you need .
BTW the teflon hoses arent as flexable as the rubber lined hoses.

Good luck
Dave
lmcchesney
Guys,
I found this site which sells Blemished AN fittings at good prices.
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kcroussin/
L. McC
Jake Raby
If anyone is interested I have 3 rolls of -8 Teflon Braided hose that I'll sell cheap.... It came from an aircraft project I worked with a few years ago and we never changed the hoses that we were going to swap out... I'll sell it for 100.00 a roll, and that is dirt cheap. I believe there is 20 yards per roll!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.