Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine lid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
Is there a way to adjust the engine cover lid? I took it off and I try to put it back on, one side is leveled and the otherside is lower. I tried everything, its the same.
Some factor must have changed. Pic?
zambezi
Side to side and front to back adjustment can be done with the mounting bolts, but if it is a vertical problem then I would look at the bracket that the hinges bolt to. They are spot welded to the firewall and have been known to break the spot welds and when they do that they start to lean and the lid starts to sit low on that side.
JIM
john rogers
You can adjust each side up/down and also in/out from the rear of the firewall. There are also adjustable round bumpers at the rear corners that can be screwed up/down so the rear edge sits relatively even with the trunk lid. The final adjustment is the latch mechanism can be adjusted up/down to get a good latch with the curved that also has adjustment nuts.
914itis
QUOTE(john rogers @ Dec 5 2010, 12:15 AM) *

You can adjust each side up/down and also in/out from the rear of the firewall. There are also adjustable round bumpers at the rear corners that can be screwed up/down so the rear edge sits relatively even with the trunk lid. The final adjustment is the latch mechanism can be adjusted up/down to get a good latch with the curved that also has adjustment nuts.

in my case the driver's side back is sitting low, would I bee using the round bumpers to adjust?
SirAndy
QUOTE(ppetion @ Dec 4 2010, 09:20 PM) *
would I bee using the round bumpers to adjust?

Yes ... smile.gif
914itis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 5 2010, 02:27 AM) *

QUOTE(ppetion @ Dec 4 2010, 09:20 PM) *
would I bee using the round bumpers to adjust?

Yes ... smile.gif

The only bumper I see are the stoppers and they r not adjustable.
raw1298
I had a parfts car that had the same issue. The tensioner bar was not in the right place on one side. When I put it back in it worked great.
john rogers
The stoppers or bumpers at each corner should have a spiral cut slot in them so they screw in/out to adjust the level of the rear part of the engine lid. If yours are not like this then they aren't stock and someone may have replaced them. Try turning yours to see what happens.
914itis
Maybe I don't know what I am looking for. Any pics?
SirAndy
1. are the two hard rubber stops that adjust the height of the engine lid where it meets the trunk lid.
Rotate them to change the height.

2. are the bolts that hold the engine lid. You can loosen them up just enough to slide the lid to adjust forward/backward.

popcorn[1].gif
914itis
The part that is mow on mine is not in the front as identified by # 1 it is in the back drivers side towards the window. # 2 bolts only adjust front and back and the stoppers
On # 1 adjusts the front part towards the trunk.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ppetion @ Dec 5 2010, 06:09 PM) *
The part that is mow on mine is not in the front as identified by # 1 it is in the back drivers side towards the window.

In that case, i have no idea what you are talking about. How about YOU post a picture ... shades.gif

Did one of the hinges at the firewall brake?
If so, that would explain why the lid does not line up towards the front.
However, that is usually pretty obvious and you should have seen that when you had the lid off ...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.