Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ingnition switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
The cylinder of my ingnition switch came out with my key. anyway to repair that or do i need a new one?
silver74insocal
wow you seem to be having a great time with this car biggrin.gif can u post a pic of the part that came out?
914itis
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Dec 5 2010, 12:28 AM) *

wow you seem to be having a great time with this car biggrin.gif can u post a pic of the part that came out?

oh yeah the PO treated it like a step child. will post pics in the AM
silver74insocal
if its the plug, i would replace the switch...if its the whole switch i would imagine the column may need to be replaced...the pics will help..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
This is a typical 70 71 problem. The peened end of the cylinder wears freeing it from the engagement cam. You could remove the assembly and maybe epoxy it but usually we sell a new ignition lock and key to solve the problem and then rekey to the cars original.

QUOTE(ppetion @ Dec 4 2010, 10:24 PM) *

The cylinder of my ingnition switch came out with my key. anyway to repair that or do i need a new one?

7TPorsh
This happens to me too. If I'm not careful the key pulls the cylinder out. When in, it can turn and turn around without engaging. I have to be really easy to "catch it" so the car turns over.

I am guessing the bad part is not the piece that is coming out with the key?

Is changing the switch a lot of work on a '70?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.