Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need some help!, Pricing (Weber 40IDA3C)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
badm
I have a set of Weber 40IDA3C carbs I want to sell, they had been re-built by Pat Willams of Pat Willams racing (PWR) for my 2.4 and have only about 800Mi on them since the re-build. I will be selling the set with the air horn filters and the all the vent screening, as well as the PMO fuel pressure regulator setup, but NOT the rain shelled's in the Photo,or the carb manifolds but they can be picked up from PMO. I don't know what kind of price to place on them, HELP! . Thanks Ben.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
$1200-1400.
The higher number if you have the receipts. (proof)

No receipts $1000-1200 (lower price no regulator)

With the hats and manifolds $1500-1800 (again higher number if you have the proof.)

If you have the specs on the carbs (jet sizes, etc.) it will help with the sale.
J P Stein
Be sure to include whether or not the throttle shafts were rebushed during the "rebuild", then price accordingly.
No=1000
Yes=1500
ripper911
So I could probably get 500 or so for the ones on my 911 thats been sitting for 9 years? idea.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Dec 5 2010, 10:03 AM) *

So I could probably get 500 or so for the ones on my 911 thats been sitting for 9 years? idea.gif

Easily.....prolly more.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Dec 5 2010, 01:03 PM) *

If the shafts are tight $800 on the bird and it will sell in one day. $500 is getting into damaged set prices.
brant
The prices for carbs in general are down on pelican along with the economy
a buddy bought a set for 650 not long ago

I talked to a guy about a set that he wants to sell for 850

the average set on pelican is asking 900 - 1100 depending on completeness of linkage and manifolds...

if the throttle shafts were redone (not the normal in a "rebuild and a 1000 job just by themselves) then I'd agree with the 1500 number

a basic rebuild is not a big ticket item and is not going to add big money to the value

if the throttle shafts have any wear/play... then 900 or less

brant
J P Stein
Some IDAs have sprial teflon bushings at the down link end which are a DIY replacement.
Some disassembly is required to find out if the teflon is there. I have no idea when they started doing this. The last set I owned had em'.
sww914
I sold a clean set, not recently rebuilt but with manifolds & linkage on ebay for $1250.00 6 months ago.
J P Stein
& some have the unobtainium tall aux venturi......for 500 bucks some guys would buy em' just for those. biggrin.gif

There are a ton of variables including linkage, air cleaners, manifolds, wear & tear....yada.
ripper911
Mine aren't quite as clean as those.
IPB Image
badm
Thanks!, for the boat load of info. I think I have a good idea of pricing. I will have them up for sale in the next couple of days. Some of you mite know that I just changed over to PMO ITB's and thats the only reason for my sale, they worked fine. I just went another route, a much more expensive route!!!! headbang.gif Badm.
J P Stein
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Dec 5 2010, 11:17 AM) *

Mine aren't quite as clean as those.

No, but you have linkage, air cleaners and what appears to be PMO tall manifolds.
A couple hours with some carb cleaner & you'd be in biddness for 1 k or more.
Without a close look I can only guess that a 12-1300 asking price is not out of line.
ripper911
Not that I'm trying to sell them... rolleyes.gif
I'd like to get that car running someday.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(badm @ Dec 5 2010, 02:40 PM) *

Some of you mite know that I just changed over to PMO ITB's and thats the only reason for my sale, they worked fine. I just went another route, a much more expensive route!!!! headbang.gif Badm.

If I decide to go programmable FI I think I'll just gut my carbs, the PMO's TB's are pretty but that price tag...ouch
In fact if I do this I will sell the Webers and buy a set of Zenith's with good shafts to help finance the FI system.
koozy
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 5 2010, 11:07 AM) *

& some have the unobtainium tall aux venturi......for 500 bucks some guys would buy em' just for those. biggrin.gif

Tell me about it.... I have 3. Been looking for 3 more for nearly a year
ripper911
QUOTE(koozy @ Dec 6 2010, 02:19 AM) *

You mean the ones taller than this right?
IPB Image
koozy
It's the tubes on the inside of those stacks. They look like the ones in this photo by Chris C.

carr914
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Dec 6 2010, 09:17 AM) *

IPB Image

No those are Velocity Stacks, not the Venturis
burton73
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Dec 6 2010, 06:17 AM) *

IPB Image

What are you saying? Are these the set on #41 are very valuable?

Bob B
Click to view attachment
koozy
These are the parts I am looking for. Not that they are all that valuable, it's just that they are harder to find.

IPB Image
koozy
Often times they need work to be useful. They are taller, therefore they rock in their seats due to the high vibration rocking action of the engine. This makes it hard to find ones that don't sit loosely in their seats. With some work it's possible to make just about anything work but often times the amount of work needed dictates the value.
Just to give you an idea... I purchased one core carb with 3 of these auxiliary venturis for somewhere around $150. Two of the vents were usable and one needed an hour or so of massaging to make work. Not perfect, but as close as it's gonna get. The last "perfect" set of 6 I saw went for around $200. I would easily expect to pay $100 for 3 more in working condition.
J P Stein
Tall auxiliary venturi in place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.