Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: compression test help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crxnug
i need to do a compression test on a 2.0 engine removed from car and im hoping to get some info on doing it the correct way, i have tranny on engine with the starter, i know it best to do the test on a warm engine but i have no choice but to see the results this way, the questions i have are where do i attach + and - on starter terminals, and what the proper way to perform a compression test, any info would be a great help
realred914
QUOTE(crxnug @ Dec 5 2010, 11:14 AM) *

i need to do a compression test on a 2.0 engine removed from car and im hoping to get some info on doing it the correct way, i have tranny on engine with the starter, i know it best to do the test on a warm engine but i have no choice but to see the results this way, the questions i have are where do i attach + and - on starter terminals, and what the proper way to perform a compression test, any info would be a great help

remove all four spark plugs, wedge throotle body cable so it is wide open throttle , discounect any electronic igntion unit, then tun the engine over.

starter gets postive wire from battery (heavey wire) on the isolated fat lug on the solinoid, fat ground wire to teh case of starter, and the positive siganal to trigger it goes on the small terminal which shouold be labled "50".

make sure oil is in the motor

have fun
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.