Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 to 5 lug newZimmerman rotor & hub conversion...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Super90
HI all. I was looking at assorted threads about wheels and such on this site & others. Don't worry, not starting a thread about backspace & such; but one about original 4 Lug Rotors being drilled and fitted with correct studs for mounting a 911 style 5 lug Fuchs.

I have a set of Fuchs 6x15 absolutley perfect and completely polished. These are OE, 901. wheels and weigh almost nothing, left over from a 69 SWT long gone. I was planning to put a set of 195x65 Dunlops on my orig 4 lug Fuchs BUT the polished 5 lugs would also look very nice.

I've never been a fan of the bolt on adapters for both safety and they push the wheel way out to the fender lip. I was thinking of buying a new set of rotors for all four corners, have them drilled to the correct 5 bolt pattern, with installed studs to do a whole rotor changeover and preserve my original 4 bolt stuff. Some expereinced guys said this is the way to go, but not lately.

Anybody in the business or a machine shop out there have these sets for sale made up with new Zimmermans? I could not seem to find any, nor anyone who offers this service. Is there a reson, like this is a bad idea for some interference reason, or cant be done, or not safe, too difficult to set up to get drilled exactly right, or screwy.gif ???

All inputs appreciated. Thanks,
George
Eric_Shea
Rears are not drilled rotors as much as they are hubs.

You need to sort out your rear hub situation but the fronts can be drilled and studded. The rears can then take a 914-6 rotor.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...36&hl=studs
mepstein
I still have a pair of Eric's/PMB 5 lug rear conversion hubs. Never used. $215 + shipping. Mark
Super90
Thanks Eric, guess I don't know how to ask the right search parameters.

Do you do these set ups for front & rear...out of the box ready to bolt on? If Santa were to do me a set of the front & rears (using the 914/6) what wold the cost of Santa's gift be?

Email me if you have an in with Santa & would like to pursue...or know some Santa who does. Naturally, I'd be glad to pay Santa for the parts & work smile.gif Thanks.

Reagrds,
George
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(Super90 @ Dec 5 2010, 09:29 PM) *

Thanks Eric, guess I don't know how to ask the right search parameters.

Do you do these set ups for front & rear...out of the box ready to bolt on? If Santa were to do me a set of the front & rears (using the 914/6) what wold the cost of Santa's gift be?

Email me if you have an in with Santa & would like to pursue...or know some Santa who does. Naturally, I'd be glad to pay Santa for the parts & work smile.gif Thanks.

Reagrds,
George

PM sent.... What part of Georgia are you located in ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.