Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake kit from Brad (vented 4 bolt)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
F4i
Title says it all. I want to get the car on the road by next month.
914werke
Ya mean this? wink.gif
F4i
yep, If I cut it out of cardboard do you think it will work? laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
Nada. The fab shop held off on buying all the material. They said it was going to go down (the aluminum) they where correct. It was bought last week at 20-30$ less than it was back in Feb. I have NO idea when it is arriving. Hurry up and wait.

B
F4i
Thanks. Story of my life. Aviation is like that. They HAVE to have it by 5:00. Won't be ready?!? Next thursday is fine then. I will just run a stock setup and bug you (brad) when it wears out.
Mueller
Hey B,

have we decided who's car gets the prototype units??

as built they won't work on my car since I have the vanilla rice wheels...............
914werke
Mike did you ever update the above image?
Its not exactly acurate if the intent was to replicate the 911 hubs with 4 studs and 4 mounting hollows instead of 5?
Or is that really whats being modded up?
Mueller
Rich,

Both versions are going to be made:

4 lug vented/M calipers

5 lug vented/M calipers
(yes, you could buy a 911 front suspension or struts, but this allows you to use factory /4 wheel bearings (or VW bug or GTI rear or???) along with most everything else stock /4 to save money and the trouble of doing the conversion, if you can change your front wheel bearings, then you can bolt on kit.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.