Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: window glue and lubricant
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
The plastic edge at the bottom of my passenger side window came off. What type of glue should I use to glue it back.. The tracks on either are also pretty dry, should I lubricate them? if so what kind of lubricant to use?

and last, I am putting back my front targa seal, the top one that is attached to the 2 vertical side windows seal. What kind of glue should I use for that?
McMark
All the seals you mention are installed in 'tracks' and don't need glue. If they won't stay then either the seal is worn out/damaged, or the track is worn out/damaged.

The seals install by pushing the 'lips' in with a screwdriver, they don't slide in.
IronHillRestorations
I mark the area where the glue goes, and I gently abrade the glass with a abrasive disc on a die grinder, and use JB Weld.

I doubt if you can get it off the shelf anywhere, but there is a 3M double sided tape that's made for glass, and it really sticks.
914itis
thanks
dr914@autoatlanta.com
window weld urethane for the track to glass and silicone grease to help slide the targa seal down the gutters

QUOTE(ppetion @ Dec 6 2010, 09:38 PM) *

The plastic edge at the bottom of my passenger side window came off. What type of glue should I use to glue it back.. The tracks on either are also pretty dry, should I lubricate them? if so what kind of lubricant to use?

and last, I am putting back my front targa seal, the top one that is attached to the 2 vertical side windows seal. What kind of glue should I use for that?

Mikey914
3M weather strip adhesive is handy. It will stay tacky and not harden. It is also much easier to clean off in the future should you ever have to. Although I'm not sure where you would need it here.

Warm soapy water is best for your paint. Take a needle nose pliers and pull it into the channel.
If your paint is less than 30 days old do not let silicone anywhere near your paint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.