Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So. Cal. Fun Run For Rick Evans Bon Voyage Sun.Dec.12
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
This Sun Dec.12

I know this is last min. but I've been waiting to find out when Rick would be in town before he departs for good!

Some of you may know that Mr. Rick Evans (aka 2-OH!) is leaving Taxifornia and taking his business with him. He has said that one of the things he is going to miss the most is back roads and car friends to drive with. Oh, and the weather! smile.gif

This weekend may be the last and he wanted to do the Classic Howard Lockwood Valley Run. The weather is going to be great and so far there are two of us going. I would love to have anyone else come join the fun.

Although Ricks beautiful yellow 914 is longer with us (RIP), he will be driving one of those new fangle water cooled 914s with the soft top....

If anyone wants to join us please chime in and we'll find a place to meet, either in Santa Clarita and/or Ojai Starbucks.

Hope to see you there!
gary gartner

Hey, Mike
I will check my schedule at home, and see if I can make it, let you know. driving.gif
Where is Rick going? and what happened to his car?

Gary
Mike D.
Rick is moving to the Great State of Texas, near Fort Worth. And unfortunately he was T-boned in the 914 when someone ran a red light. sad.gif

gary gartner

Bummer, sorry to hear that.such a nice car.
Hope he got out O K.

Gary
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Dec 7 2010, 11:13 AM) *

This Sun Dec.12

I know this is last min. but I've been waiting to find out when Rick would be in town before he departs for good!

Some of you may know that Mr. Rick Evans (aka 2-OH!) is leaving Taxifornia and taking his business with him. He has said that one of the things he is going to miss the most is back roads and car friends to drive with. Oh, and the weather! smile.gif

This weekend may be the last and he wanted to do the Classic Howard Lockwood Valley Run. The weather is going to be great and so far there are two of us going. I would love to have anyone else come join the fun.

Although Ricks beautiful yellow 914 is longer with us (RIP), he will be driving one of those new fangle water cooled 914s with the soft top....

If anyone wants to join us please chime in and we'll find a place to meet, either in Santa Clarita and/or Ojai Starbucks.

Hope to see you there!

"Taxifornia"? Read this from the business section of the LA Times: "Business lobbyists continually grouse that California corporate taxes are nearly the highest in the nation. But as my colleague Alana Semuels reported in October, our state and local taxes are right at the national average, measured as the share of private sector activity. Who's higher than California? Those "business-friendly" states of Texas, Nevada, Arizona, and Alaska, among others."

Looks like he's moving to "Taxas"

The Cap'n
bandjoey
Oh No taxes...
No income tax. No state tax. Low franchise tax. Low property tax. Twice the house for cheaper $$. We all carry guns.

Could it be - oh no couldn't be - the LA Times is California leaning?

WELCOME Everyone to Texas!
aktion035.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 8 2010, 11:52 AM) *

Oh No taxes...
No income tax. No state tax. Low franchise tax. Low property tax. Twice the house for cheaper $$. We all carry guns.

aktion035.gif

The article stated "corporate tax".
Facts are most likely true...all states need taxes of some sort...

ILBT
IBTL

Rich
jim_hoyland
Those who know Rick from the GAF, G & R, and other runs are going to miss him. Unfortunately, I can't make it the 12th. Have a great drive
gary gartner

Rats, unfortunately,family holiday commitment will keep me home
"Those who know Rick from the GAF, G & R, and other runs are going to miss him. "
and I agree with Jim,

If you remember please wish him well for me, and my condolances on the loss of his beautiful little car

Gary
oldschool
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 8 2010, 08:52 AM) *

Oh No taxes...

aktion035.gif

just 2 things come out from Texas.... gayfight.gif theexperience_hud.gif huh.gif
Mike D.
All Right, Whatever... Taxes SHmaxes... WTF!

Does anyone want to go for a drive? driving.gif

And probably get a beer3.gif or 2?
Mike D.
OK, so I know no one's said they're going, but if you were, you'd find us at Newhall Coffee Roasting Co. at 25100 Rye Canyon Road, Santa Clarita around 7:30 am. And passing through Ojai around 8:30. If someone wants to meet there let me know and we'll stop.

Anyhooo......Enjoy the wonderful weekend!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...mp;t=h&z=11
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.