Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: idle jets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JimN73
I was removing the idle jets to make sure they aren't gummed up, but one didn't come out with the screw.

Does anyone have a solution? My smallest needlenose pliers won't fit in there.

Thanks,
mudfoot76
Ask your wife/gf if you can borrow her eyebrow tweezers (don't tell her why). Those are small enough you should be able to grab onto the jet. At least, it has worked for me in the past....
jeffdon
QUOTE(mudfoot76 @ Dec 7 2010, 12:43 PM) *

Ask your wife/gf if you can borrow her eyebrow tweezers (don't tell her why). Those are small enough you should be able to grab onto the jet. At least, it has worked for me in the past....

Once out, try spreading the tube with the slits in it a little. I usually just fit a tapered punch into it and press a bit. That should make it seat more firmly in the jet holder for removal next time. I would not try to spread by sticking anything IN the slots.
McMark
A bit of bailing wire will fit into the bore and allow you to pull it out.
JimN73
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Dec 7 2010, 01:20 PM) *

Once out, try spreading the tube with the slits in it a little. I usually just fit a tapered punch into it and press a bit. That should make it seat more firmly in the jet holder for removal next time. I would not try to spread by sticking anything IN the slots.

Thanks, I'll try one or both.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Dec 7 2010, 01:20 PM) *

This works well. I also use a flashlight and inspection mirror to get a better look at what I'm doing. When you spread the slits to make the jet fit in the holder tighter be careful not to bend them too far cause they will crack. (Trust me on this one). Also, try not to lose the small "O" ring. they're really tiny and easy to drop. I bought a bunch of them and extra idle jets, just to have around.
Cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.