Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB chrome front bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Paul Marioni
Wanted chrome front bumper for 1970 through 1973 Porsche 914
Tom_T
Paul, you'd best specify what years. 73-74 were chrome with 4 extra holes 2 L & R) for mounting those big rubber bumper guards/"tits" L&R next to the foglight/horn grills, whereas the 70-72 MYs were chrome without them (i.e.: no holes except for the license plate brackets in the center, which were on all 70-74 bumpers).

I have this one in the pix below off of a 71, but it has some pitting & rust pocks along the bottom, as well as some small blems & pitting on the face (dent in 1st pic is behind license plate bracket), so it's okay as a DD or for a pretty straight core to restore/re-chrome. However, the shipping would be pretty high to up there to WA, & there are probably ones as good or better local to you for pick-up.

However, PM me if you want it & I'll check on shipping costs.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

shades.gif

Otherwise, if you're looking for a nice alt. to OEM Chrome, look for Steve/siverson's topic posted in the garage forum on the Harrington SS bumpers - $1575 F&R set (2 bumpers) IIRC, which look pretty good on his 2 914s. They're also sold separately.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
silver74insocal
idea.gif looks fairly nice did i miss the FS add on this Tom? smile.gif Dave
Tom_T
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Dec 8 2010, 06:11 PM) *

idea.gif looks fairly nice did i miss the FS add on this Tom? smile.gif Dave

Nope Dave, it's just been sitting in my garage, as I've really not tried to sell the "extra" parts yet. I thought I might need it to trade for a 73-74 one, but got a core at the GPR BBQ in Sept., so I won't need it now (it came with my parts 914). biggrin.gif

When I see someone in need of something I have, or wanting to trade for something I need, then I step up - as I did with the fog grills off this bumper for some front "tits". blink.gif

At this point I'm waiting to hear back from Paul on it.
silver74insocal
most likely i have run into you at g and r. feel free to pm me if paul passes. although right now my car is " a grower not a show'er" biggrin.gif im always looking for a good deal and my front bumper is toast.....
Corralitos914-6
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 7 2010, 07:08 PM) *

Paul, you'd best specify what years. 73-74 were chrome with 4 extra holes 2 L & R) for mounting those big rubber bumper guards/"tits" L&R next to the foglight/horn grills, whereas the 70-72 MYs were chrome without them (i.e.: no holes except for the license plate brackets in the center, which were on all 70-74 bumpers).

I have this one in the pix below off of a 71, but it has some pitting & rust pocks along the bottom, as well as some small blems & pitting on the face (dent in 1st pic is behind license plate bracket), so it's okay as a DD or for a pretty straight core to restore/re-chrome. However, the shipping would be pretty high to up there to WA, & there are probably ones as good or better local to you for pick-up.

However, PM me if you want it & I'll check on shipping costs.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

shades.gif

Otherwise, if you're looking for a nice alt. to OEM Chrome, look for Steve/siverson's topic posted in the garage forum on the Harrington SS bumpers - $1575 F&R set (2 bumpers) IIRC, which look pretty good on his 2 914s. They're also sold separately.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.