Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to Identify Dellorto's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Levi
My 74 2.0 has these duel Dellorto's, who can tell me how to Identify what size they are, I'd like to have kits for them on hand just in case I need them when its time to fire this baby up.
Levi
other one
Levi
unsure.gif
skline
It will be stamped on the base of carbs. It should say something like DRLA 40 or DRLA 45 or DRLA 36. I have the 45's and had the 40's before that. They were both the same. Look towards the base of the carbs.
DuckRyder
Yep should be stamped in the base probably on the "outboard" side. Is that red silicone?
Levi
QUOTE(DuckRyder @ Apr 23 2004, 07:56 PM)
Is that red silicone?

Good question...I'll have to take a close look at that in the morning... unsure.gif
DuckRyder
I swear, I fully endorse licensing to buy RTV..............
Levi
I've sure used a ton of the stuff over the years, you can't build a small block Chevy without it....well if you don't want leaks that is pray.gif
914ghost
Huh? huh.gif
does your throttle cable PUSH on the linkage. ..?Or are the carbs on inside out?
Seem's like a 'pull' from your throttle cable shuts the carbs....or they're on lefthanded?! wacko.gif
It's one of those "magic eye" things eh?
I'll see the answer if I stare long enough.
-Bob O
p.s. Get you rebuild kits now!!! They're seeming to be hard to find (at a normal price).
lapuwali
The throttle arms are on the inside, so it pulls them up to open.

Funny, when I put my Webers on, I thought I was doing something really cheesy running a big return spring from the center arm back to the trunk spring. Now I see nearly everyone does the same thing....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.