Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 Calendars - All 914 + VW "hood ride" version
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poorsche914
I put together a couple 914 calendars today and thought I would offer them here.

Both calendars feature photos of 914s at MUSR 11.
One features photos I shot and the other features shots taken by US129 Photos.

Use this code: FLURRY and save 25% OFF the price!!!

Porsche 914 Calendar
IPB Image

Teeners on the Tail Calendar
IPB Image

Also a VW "hood ride" calendar HERE

Whether you buy or not, please let me know what you think of them smile.gif

driving.gif
Cairo94507
I liked the Teeners on the Tail better than the other one. Nice photography and presentation.
hot_shoe914
Well, Teeners on the Tail got my car in the month of my B'day and actually had both my ugly cars, very nice.

The other one gave my car a page to itself so hard decision. confused24.gif

Of course with Clay on the cover of one you better order quick if you want one before he buys them all up!

Nice work Steve! smilie_pokal.gif
flipb
"Teeners on the Tail" seems to have been pulled... Other one is still there.
jt914-6
QUOTE(flipb @ Dec 8 2010, 08:15 AM) *

Clay must have bought them all up..... lol-2.gif
Great work Steve..... smilie_pokal.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(flipb @ Dec 8 2010, 09:15 AM) *

I am making a change to the Teeners on the Tail calendar. Will be back online soon.

In the meantime, here are the captions for the photos. For some, the preview text is unreadable:

January: A wintry blue and white collection of 914s
February: A beautiful widebody 914-6
March: "Buttercup"
April: A trio of Limited Edition Bumble Bees
May: Factory 916 #0012 followed by 916 Clone
June: Taming the Dragon
July: "Huey"
August: Some 914s look better than others but they ALL love the twisties!
September: Is it "purple" or "aubergine"?
October: Fall colors
November: Beautiful '74 2.0 Ravenna Green 914
December: "Do these flares make my butt look big?"
TurboWalt
OT - poorsche914 you have a PM regarding t-shirt order.
Thanks, Walt
r_towle
I personally prefer to see cars in motion versus artsy stills.

I would go for three "teeners on the tail" calenders if you can send them out prior to xmas.

Rich
poorsche914
Rich,

According to the site info, if you place your order in the next few days, Christmas delivery is possible. It really depends on the shipping method you choose.

After making the two calendars, I tend to agree with the preference for 914s in motion vs the still shots.

Thanks for all the comments, everybody.

driving.gif

QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 8 2010, 11:44 AM) *

I personally prefer to see cars in motion versus artsy stills.

I would go for three "teeners on the tail" calenders if you can send them out prior to xmas.

Rich

poorsche914
For some reason, the Teeners on the Tail calendar is not showing up on the site. I am working on that now. huh.gif

Update: OK, at some point the URL changed when I made some changes. The above link is now correct.

driving.gif
bandjoey
I'm ordering! Great work!

Can you also offer the action calendar with one CUSTOM page where you could insert our own car picture off the MUSR group?

realred914
nice, since you asked...I prefer the full sized photos of the entire cars over the split screen shots or the close ups, but very very nice indeed. good job!
poorsche914
QUOTE(realred914 @ Dec 8 2010, 03:02 PM) *

nice, since you asked...I prefer the full sized photos of the entire cars over the split screen shots or the close ups, but very very nice indeed. good job!

Thanks for the comment. I wanted to maximize the number of different 914s so went with a mix of multi-image pages.
This was a spur of the moment thing so I used the supplied "layouts" of which there were only a few choices. My preference would be to design each page in Photoshop. Maybe next year biggrin.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 8 2010, 02:39 PM) *

I'm ordering! Great work!

Thank you!

Can you also offer the action calendar with one CUSTOM page where you could insert our own car picture off the MUSR group?

Not as easy as it seems. I would have to rebuild the entire calendar! Too bad there is not a "duplicate this item" option when creating a new item which would allow a simple page change.
poorsche914
Just found this...

Use this code: FLURRY and save 25% OFF the price!!!
It is good til December 26th.

driving.gif
black73
Started order a calender. Had to sign up to lulu to get the discount. Lulu would not accept my email address because my name is not in my address..

Please enter an e-mail address using the format yourname@youremail.com.

I'm not going to create a new email address to buy a calender so I guess I'm SOL. confused24.gif
poorsche914
Seems odd that the email address would have to have your name in it confused24.gif

If you'd like, I can order one for you when I order mine. Then I can mail it to you. PM me for info.

QUOTE(black73 @ Dec 8 2010, 06:43 PM) *

Started order a calender. Had to sign up to lulu to get the discount. Lulu would not accept my email address because my name is not in my address..

Please enter an e-mail address using the format yourname@youremail.com.

I'm not going to create a new email address to buy a calender so I guess I'm SOL. confused24.gif

kfish914
Great idea...love em
poorsche914
QUOTE(kfish914 @ Dec 8 2010, 09:23 PM) *

Great idea...love em

Thanks for the comment, kfish.
I have sold a few. I figured the Teeners on the Tail would outsell the other but so far they have sold the same. To those who have purchased, thanks for supporting my creative endeavor.

driving.gif
john grier
icon_bump.gif
Steve,
We have got to get a couple of these calenders!
They will be a great asset to remember all the people and cars that we met there.
Is it better to deal with you directly or go to the site?
John
saigon71
Just ordered one - I like it!
poorsche914
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Dec 11 2010, 08:23 PM) *

Just ordered one - I like it!

Thank you! Glad you like it.
I ordered one of each biggrin.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(john grier @ Dec 11 2010, 07:54 PM) *

icon_bump.gif
Steve,
We have got to get a couple of these calenders!
They will be a great asset to remember all the people and cars that we met there.
Is it better to deal with you directly or go to the site?
John

John - it is best to go thru the site since they are "publish on demand". Be sure to use the code FLURRY to drop 25% off the price.

Thanks!
rfuerst911sc
I just ordered a teeners on the tail thanks for putting this together. I was able to use my email address which does not contain my name.
914four
Nice calendars! I ordered one of each.
black73
Tried it again, this time applying the coupon code at the end of the process, instead of the beginning. It worked! Thanks.
poorsche914
QUOTE(black73 @ Dec 12 2010, 01:48 PM) *

Tried it again, this time applying the coupon code at the end of the process, instead of the beginning. It worked! Thanks.

Glad it worked for you.
Thanks to all who have purchased.
Working on a "rat rod" VW calendar featuring bugs, busses, things, a ghia and type 3.
poorsche914
For all you VW fans... I have made up a "hood ride" themed calendar. This one features cars that I have photographed over the years. Each vehicle has been extracted from its background and then filters, graphic elements, etc added to create a unique image. The calendar includes 13 different classic Volkswagens (see thumbnails below).

2011 VW "Hood Ride" Calendar

11x17 (open), spiral bound.
$19.99 each. Use code FLURRY for 25% discount.

Feedback appreciated.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks for putting this together, Steven......
They both look great...Guess I'm an artsy fartsy guy cause I like the 914 calender the best.

Tried to hold off BUT got one of each...LOL
poorsche914
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Dec 12 2010, 08:45 PM) *

Thanks for putting this together, Steven......
They both look great...Guess I'm an artsy fartsy guy cause I like the 914 calender the best.

Tried to hold off BUT got one of each...LOL

Thanks, Ken!

driving.gif
poorsche914
Received my calendars today and am IMPRESSED! piratenanner.gif
These are nice quality - better than I expected.
I figured a step above the freebies the banks and utilities give out.
But these are as good or better than what you'd get at the local mall calendar kiosk.

Any one else get theirs yet?
Still time to get 25% off with code FLURRY.

driving.gif
rfuerst911sc
I received mine today it is awesome quality and it was packaged much better than expected. Thank you for doing this. You doing these next year ? Count me in if yes. beerchug.gif
black73
Got mine today. Very nice. Thanks!
poorsche914
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Dec 21 2010, 05:25 PM) *

I received mine today it is awesome quality and it was packaged much better than expected. Thank you for doing this. You doing these next year ? Count me in if yes. beerchug.gif

I enjoyed putting these two calendars together so, yes, I think I will make this an annual project. Next year will make it available earlier in the year, too. Was a spur of the moment thing this year.

There was interest in a "ladies of 914 world" calendar and I'd be happy to put one of those together as well for 2012. My idea is to get seasonal pics in the upcoming months to use in the calendar. So all you 914 ladies... dress for the season and stage a photo shoot with your 914.
driving-girl.gif + coolpics.gif + type.gif = w00t.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.