carr914
sawzall-smiley.gif

GT3RS Crate Motor straight from Porsche - $47,000

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I'll be taking orders for the Group Buy later in the week laugh.gif
914Sixer
What size shoe spoon were you planning on using? Extra large? Might be a tight fit around the rear wheel wells.
r_towle
no problem.
Im in.

Rich
EdwardBlume
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
realred914
funny my friend had a GT3, fast car, the ceramic brakes made it stop even faster, some wild ride, then he upgraded to a Subaru WRX, that four door car is FASTER than his GT3 but does not stop as fast, handles great to with the all wheel drive. I was at first amazed at the speed of the GT3, but when he went to the faster subaru, I was even more amazed.

maybe we all ought to be putting souped up subarus in our cars, more bang for the
buck, sure the gt3 was fast, but the subaru was faster. go figure, half the cost too!

the gt3 does have the subaru down on looks, but heck four doors and four real seats, no wonder the subaru is ugly.
carr914
But this is a 2010 GT3 RS motor, it blow that WRX away
johannes
Try to imagine this monster hanging in a car at the wrong place ... No wonder theese cars are so heavy....
carr914
I measured the width today without the exhaust, I think it will fit piratenanner.gif
steveherman
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 8 2010, 07:17 PM) *

I measured the width today without the exhaust, I think it will fit piratenanner.gif

fit in a 914?
if so.. you bought a $47k motor on HOPES that it would fit?
please tell us what is up... inquiring minds wanna know!
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(realred914 @ Dec 8 2010, 08:05 AM) *

funny my friend had a GT3, fast car, the ceramic brakes made it stop even faster, some wild ride, then he upgraded to a Subaru WRX, that four door car is FASTER than his GT3 but does not stop as fast, handles great to with the all wheel drive. I was at first amazed at the speed of the GT3, but when he went to the faster subaru, I was even more amazed.

maybe we all ought to be putting souped up subarus in our cars, more bang for the
buck, sure the gt3 was fast, but the subaru was faster. go figure, half the cost too!

the gt3 does have the subaru down on looks, but heck four doors and four real seats, no wonder the subaru is ugly.

I find this difficult to accept, beginning with the word "upgrade", and continuing through the rest of the post.

"Half the cost"? Used 3-4 year old GT3s (NOT GT3RSs) are going for around $100K (some lower, some higher), and new WRXs are around $28K, before the haggling starts. I just did some mods to a GT3 (roll bar, racing seat) for a guy who sold his WRX about the same time he bought the GT3. He says there's NO comparison. None.

The Cap'n
Chris Pincetich
Nice beerchug.gif

There is a street legal custom 912 that raced with the PCA AX with a mostly carbon fiber body and a GT3 engine. It sounds way better than the GT3s. Super swap!
PlaysWithCars
Hey T.C. I still don't have a motor in the -6 I picked up from you a couple of years ago. If it fits, this would fill the hole nicely.

Now, what do you have for sale in the way of suspension, brakes, and self-cleaning underwear that would be up to the performance level of the engine?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.