Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BuddyV
I bought Koozy's 2.0 motor (runs strong, mystery build/internals)... it is being installed as we read/write.

I have a pair of Delorto 36's, but it has been strongly suggested that I go with 40's. So, I am looking for a good set of 40's Weber.

As always, the budget is blown... but it seems worth it to go 40's now as the motor is being installed.

Let me know what you have and best price, shipped to Bay Area..... I think it's 94002.

Or local, and I can pick up.

(fingers crossed)

Robert
(707) 888-1857
hwgunner
FWIW- I have always been told that the 36 dells flow the same as the 40 webers and the 40 dells flow like the 44 webers. Not sure you really need to change. I would ask some of the engine guru's.

jonathan
hwgunner
BuddyV
HHmmm.... hopefully others will chime in.

Thank you... I will ask around.
koozy
The maximum air flow is determined by the size of the venturi. Thus, the size differences in the carbs IE: 36 vs 40. The advantage to the 40mm carburetors would be most realized at mid to high range if the vent size differed. You can only get so much air through a particular venturi. The larger the vent, the more air. Thus, the more available air/fuel if and when needed if using a larger venturi. There are many other components to the puzzle when it comes to the correct parts for your application. Not withstanding the lack of readily available parts for the Dells.
JmuRiz
e-mail or PM Jake Raby, for real test numbers.

I think the Delortos will be better...smoother progression. But if you want to swap I may check with my 356 guy and swap out your Dels for my webers on it.
koozy
Either one can be made to work. There are many factors to consider.

I am in no way suggesting choosing one setup over the other. The information is just a point of reference.
BuddyV
Nathan - PM sent.
stugray
I had dellortos in my 914 20 years ago.

The venturis themselves can be changed out to tune.

These are separate from the velocity stacks.

Stu
ME733
QUOTE(koozy @ Dec 8 2010, 02:21 PM) *

The maximum air flow is determined by the size of the venturi. Thus, the size differences in the carbs IE: 36 vs 40. The advantage to the 40mm carburetors would be most realized at mid to high range if the vent size differed. You can only get so much air through a particular venturi. The larger the vent, the more air. Thus, the more available air/fuel if and when needed if using a larger venturi. There are many other components to the puzzle when it comes to the correct parts for your application. Not withstanding the lack of readily available parts for the Dells.

....................Not exactly...The butterfly,s/ throttles, are the biggest factor in getting maximum horsepower.(with a correct venturi). The 36 dell,s will be smooth at the bottom end ok at the midrange and fall of at the top end.(As they come from the factory, the venturis are only 28mm)., The 36 dell,s have 36mm butterflys. The weber 40,s have 40 mm butterflys.The weber 44,s have 44 butterflys....bigger will make more HP, at the upper rpm range.(with proper venturis, and jetting). they will also be problematic to run/accelerate smoothly from idle.But it can be done.
ws91420
I have a pair of Weber 40's that are available. PM if your interested and we can talk price.
Sailor
I have a pair of Italian made weber IDF 40's. Includes manifolds, linkage, velocity stacks and air cleaners. 28mm venturis, 120 mains, 50 and 55 idles and 200 air. Recent rebuilt kit installed. PM for price if interested.
BuddyV
I sourced a set of carbs... thank you all for your help!

Cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.