Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTD: Charcoal Canister Bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jim_hoyland
Need a good bracket with mounting hardware to re-install the charcoal canister in the engine compartment ?

tod914
Think they are availbe new from Porsche.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(tod914 @ Dec 9 2010, 01:38 PM) *

Think they are availbe new from Porsche.

Is there a part number for the late bracket ? I have not been able to find it
zonedoubt
Where does your canister mount? I mounted mine off the side of the battery tray on my '75. I used a long gear hose clamp and fab'ed a little piece that clamps under the battery hold down bolt. PM me and I can send you a photo if you're interested.
tod914
914 201 095 10 restraining strap. http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/origi...USA_KATALOG.pdf
914xprs
if your still looking for the strap, i have a few, ill pm you tonight with results. i know your car...and its nice, so ill find you the best one ive got.....
thanks
terry

QUOTE(tod914 @ Dec 9 2010, 04:02 PM) *

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(914xprs @ Dec 9 2010, 05:35 PM) *

if your still looking for the strap, i have a few, ill pm you tonight with results. i know your car...and its nice, so ill find you the best one ive got.....
thanks
terry

Thanks Terry. I was hoping to find one thats gathering dust instead of buying new. Plus your local.... smile.gif
914xprs
i have a good one that i am stripping down and will reprime w/ wurths self etching primer, then a coat of primer sealer, then wurths black satin, applied in three thin coats to produce a refurbished part that looks like new..
all this for a strap????? i am going to look at the mounting hardware and put together my best clean cad (orig. plating) hardware sets. but just woke up so, ill get on it after coffe...
beerchug.gif

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 9 2010, 07:35 PM) *

thanks
terry

Thanks Terry. I was hoping to find one thats gathering dust instead of buying new. Plus your local.... smile.gif

914xprs
hello,
just letting you know that i am done with the strap, and it looks great.
i
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 9 2010, 07:35 PM) *

thanks
terry

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.