Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine drop/meet-n-greet-Postponed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
I'm in Landenberg, PA 19350. 2 miles from DE and MD border. Have to figure out some things before I commit to a date. Definately need heat in the workshop - 20 degree metal is too cold to work on- tried it today. Idealy I'd like to drop engine, take car to get media blasted and then work on rust repair. The engine drop seems easy. Media blast place is about 1/2 hour away and takes up a day. Another day back at the house for welding if media blast doesn't uncover anything too unexpected. So first time 'round just a couple jacks and some guys who want to bs a while. 2nd time need some specialized help with welding (I have no tools or material). So that's it for now. More to come. Thanks, Mark
type47
I need a BS session ... I'd be interested in a GTG
mepstein
We could always work on getting the old engine running. It sat for 3 years but it's all there.
JmuRiz
I'll keep an eye on this...lots of projects going on, but we'll see if schedules work out.

I too am in need of a Porsche and/or 914 BS session.
VaccaRabite
This is a possibility for me too.

I am taking off from Dec - 20 - Jan 3. Some days in there are reserved, though. :-)

Zach
crash914
I am off the week after Christmas....
Dr Evil
Maybe smile.gif
Spoke
I'm off that week too.
MikeSpraggi
I'd be interested as well ... BS or whatever biggrin.gif .
wrightee
I'm not too far (just a tad south of DC), and in the need to get motivated on my project, which needs all of this, too. Working through it with some experienced folks before I tackle it here would be good.

I started with a badly rusted, but complete parts car that I'm going to use to rebuild a good, solid California tub I picked up last spring. The CA car also has the heavy undercoat issue (to include inside the fenders all the way up).

Depending on the dates for this, I'll try to get there.

Ed
sfrenck
I'm in.... nice to meet some of the mid-atlantic guys, but after the new year might work out better. Mark, you may need to buy another car for all of us to work on.

Scott
mepstein
idea.gif That just might happen. I'll see what I can do. shades.gif
type11969
I'm in, if after the first of the year. I have a portable propane heater and an old 12V southwind heater that works well.

-Chris
mepstein
QUOTE(type11969 @ Dec 9 2010, 09:35 PM) *

I'm in, if after the first of the year. I have a portable propane heater and an old 12V southwind heater that works well.

-Chris

I'm thinking after the New Year for this. Too much going on before that. (at least my wife thinks so)
type47
Martin Luther King/Lee-Jackson Day weekend (Monday off for many...)?
icon_bump.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(type47 @ Dec 10 2010, 08:35 AM) *

Martin Luther King/Lee-Jackson Day weekend (Monday off for many...)?
icon_bump.gif

Jan 17
mepstein
Postponed until spring.
VaccaRabite
Booo!

Hope its nothing too serious.

Zach
mepstein
Headed up to VT for family ski trip. Friend has house available. Couldn't say no. smile.gif
VaccaRabite
Oh yeah, sure. Ass.
Putting aside frozen rusty cars for warm snow bunnies. What a...

So, can I come?
Zach
okieflyr
Give me a hollar when your ready, and we'll see if we can get the engine running.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.