Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AEM Wideband AF meter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
Just wonder if this model is a good choice. Price looks good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CFQM4...;pf_rd_i=507846
brant
I think that is the price for just the gauge without the controller or sensor
i think the innovate model's price was about the same

brant
jeffdon
QUOTE(brant @ Dec 9 2010, 09:25 AM) *

I think that is the price for just the gauge without the controller or sensor
i think the innovate model's price was about the same

brant

I dunno about that....here it is again, and they sure picture a lot of stuff with it. If its gauge only, then they are really misrepresenting things.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ITFA9...;pf_rd_i=507846
Mike Bellis
I beleive that gauge does control the WB but does not include the WB with the gauge.

AEM makes quality stuff. Mostly for ricers.
Mike Bellis
I may be wrong!

Jegs has it for $199 and includes the sensor.

http://www.jegs.com/i/AEM/017/30-4100/10002/-1?CT=999
brant
the 2nd link is helpful
I'm not sure either...
I'd probably call and talk with a live person and research it
its a great price if it is complete with the "lamba cable"

I have 2 innovate systems now (one is hardwired into the race car / one is mobile for everything else)

they(wide bands) are awesome and really the only way to go for jetting/tuning

brant
ChrisFoley
We have installed a few of the AEM units. I like them. The auxilliary output can be configured for use as input to the SDS injection ECU.
That's why I have them for sale on my website, but I can't compete with Jegs or Amazon on price.
ChrisFoley
Here's one we installed in a 912E, on the AC console next to the fuel level gauge.
The dash has CHT & EGT instruments as well. That's why the fuel gauge is on the AC panel.

Click to view attachment
jeffdon
I better get this on order before the wikileak hackers shut down amazon, LOL!
p914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Dec 9 2010, 11:01 AM) *

We have installed a few of the AEM units. I like them. The auxilliary output can be configured for use as input to the SDS injection ECU.
That's why I have them for sale on my website, but I can't compete with Jegs or Amazon on price.

Does this adjust the SDS on it's own or do you still have to tune each parameter yourself?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(p914 @ Dec 9 2010, 06:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Dec 9 2010, 11:01 AM) *

Does this adjust the SDS on it's own or do you still have to tune each parameter yourself?

You still have to tune the parameters manually, but there is a limited closed loop mode.
Brett W
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Dec 9 2010, 09:34 AM) *

Hey, I resemble that remark. Have one in my Turbo Civic. Useful, but there really isn't a reason have a full time AF gauge in the car. I bought it first and then I bought the Innovate LM2 setup. Its more useful in my opinion.
ConeDodger
I have an Innovate gauge new in box if you're just looking for a gauge. SDS requires the controller too.
hasaramat
I sell about 15 or 20 of these a year and put them on small engine turbos, (snowmobiles, ATV's, etc.) It has been a very good product for that application. We lose an O2 sensor once and awhile on the 2 strokes because of the oil in the exhaust stream but small price to pay for getting the AFR right. They also work good with alot of water around.
Click to view attachment mounted on yamaha apex turbo (325 Hp 18 psi boost)
Click to view attachment
strawman
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 9 2010, 09:19 PM) *

I have an Innovate gauge new in box if you're just looking for a gauge. SDS requires the controller too.

You selling this Rob? If so, PM me with a price...
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(Brett W @ Dec 9 2010, 10:42 PM) *

Hey, I resemble that remark. Have one in my Turbo Civic. Useful, but there really isn't a reason have a full time AF gauge in the car. I bought it first and then I bought the Innovate LM2 setup. Its more useful in my opinion.

Good to have when tuning but really not needed after your done. I have a AFR gauge mounted on my ash tray with a plug on the wiring so I can remove it. If you don't have a ECU that can do Data logging the LM2 set up is the way to go with Data logging.

Bob
brant
We run different altitude and different jetting every weekend the car runs. So I appreciate having the race car hard mounted...

but on the 3 street cars I've tuned with an innovate, I agree... I tuned them for 1 day and then didn't need the innovate again. (hard wired not necessary)

The sensors have a defined life span with any lead in the gas ie race gas
Brett W

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 47

We run different altitude and different jetting every weekend the car runs. So I appreciate having the race car hard mounted...

but on the 3 street cars I've tuned with an innovate, I agree... I tuned them for 1 day and then didn't need the innovate again. (hard wired not necessary)

The sensors have a defined life span with any lead in the gas ie race gas

Well if you would graduate from semi controlled fuel leakage to accurate fuel control, like the rest of the world, you too could set it and forget it. tongue.gif

JK, I know your race rules don't allow FI.
jeffdon
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Dec 10 2010, 05:04 AM) *

QUOTE(Brett W @ Dec 9 2010, 10:42 PM) *

Good to have when tuning but really not needed after your done. I have a AFR gauge mounted on my ash tray with a plug on the wiring so I can remove it. If you don't have a ECU that can do Data logging the LM2 set up is the way to go with Data logging.

Bob

I have had this thought too. Is there any place i could RENT an AF meter, so I can dial in my jetting and hopefully, be done with it?

Brett W
Most chassis dynos have a tailpipe sniffer that will work perfectly and its a controlled environment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.