Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replater for pot metal license frame
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Have an old license plate frame that I would like to have rechromed. Got a quote from Paul's out in PA.. $250.00 ouch. Anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks, Tod
smontanaro
No specific recommendations, but try Googling for "license plate restoration" or "license plate restoration recommentation". I'm sure you'll find lots of possible contacts.

Skip
Mike Bellis
how about this www.sprayonchrome.com It looks like a good product. You just need to find a local vendor.
bembry
Do a search on the Samba--there were some guys showing off ones that were restored--maybe you could PM them. I could be wrong, but I remember the price mentioned being over $200 or so, consistent with one of the above posts.
hydroliftin
QUOTE(tod914 @ Dec 9 2010, 04:33 PM) *

Have an old license plate frame that I would like to have rechromed. Got a quote from Paul's out in PA.. $250.00 ouch. Anyone have a reckomendation?

Thanks, Tod

Paul's has a good reputation. The $250 is probably well spent if you want the thing to look good.
monkeyboy
Old pot metal is a bitch to work with most of the time. Maybe this includes cleaning and filling the pits and all the associated finish work.
mharmon
Anyone happen to have the contact information for Paul's?

Thanks for your help.

Mike
tod914
Thanks, guys. Here is the info from the Samba. I spoke with Charles, he said about $85 - $125. He also works with a guy that does the painting; seperate cost.
If it was the Victoria Motor plates where the car was sold new from, I'd likely bite the bullet and go with Pauls in PA. This is different dealership I'm having done, I'll likely go with Sihilling.

Charles Sihilling Metal Polish
(714) 543-7051
1018 E Chestnut Ave, #C, Santa Ana, CA 92701

Pauls info - http://paulschrome.com/ They also gave me a rough quote of $650 - $750 for a bumper rechrome with a lifetime warranty.

Let me know how yours turns out Mike.
mharmon
Thanks a lot for the info Tod.

Have a good one.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.