Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Batch of 914's for sale...and some junk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
http://www.porscheforsale.org/914

Just ran across this one. Happy shopping santa_smiley.gif

EDIT:

WARNING. Read the last post first. Sir Andy says SPAM.
Drums66
....Cool site 914 bro
(more realistic prices) biggrin.gif
bye1.gif
RFoulds
Curious. Its some type of re-posting site, because I have seen those cars for sale elsewhere.
Strange thing is the prices are not the same on this site as same cars posted elsewhere.
jsayre914
lots of cars. almost too many cars dry.gif

somthing dosnt seem right idea.gif

am i the only one thinking SCAM??
SLITS
Tried to look at one that was local .... no contact information that I could find.

To good to be true?
whatabout1
I love the pictures of boxers and 911s for 914 adds.

Would be interesting to call some of the phone #'s.

Guessing it's a harvest from the internet.
Midtowner
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Dec 10 2010, 03:39 PM) *

lots of cars. almost too many cars dry.gif

somthing dosnt seem right idea.gif

am i the only one thinking SCAM??

agree.gif
sww914
4 1/2 pages of cars, all listed on 11/21/2010.
Yeah, that's real...
SirAndy
Domain ID:D149285842-LROR
Domain Name:PORSCHEFORSALE.ORG
Created On:01-Oct-2007 16:42:26 UTC
Last Updated On:14-Aug-2010 00:24:00 UTC
Expiration Date:01-Oct-2011 16:42:26 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Moniker Online Services Inc. (R145-LROR)
Registrant ID:MONIKER2830151
Registrant Name:Moniker Privacy Services
Registrant Organization:Moniker Privacy Services
Registrant Street1:20 SW 27th Ave.
Registrant Street2:Suite 201
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Pompano Beach
Registrant State/Province:FL
Registrant Postal Code:33069
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.9549848445
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+1.9549699155
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:PORSCHEFORSALE.ORG@domainservice.com
Admin ID:MONIKER2830151
Admin Name:Moniker Privacy Services
Admin Organization:Moniker Privacy Services
Admin Street1:20 SW 27th Ave.
Admin Street2:Suite 201
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Pompano Beach
Admin State/Province:FL
Admin Postal Code:33069
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.9549848445
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:+1.9549699155
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:PORSCHEFORSALE.ORG@domainservice.com
Tech ID:MONIKER2830151
Tech Name:Moniker Privacy Services
Tech Organization:Moniker Privacy Services
Tech Street1:20 SW 27th Ave.
Tech Street2:Suite 201
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Pompano Beach
Tech State/Province:FL
Tech Postal Code:33069
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.9549848445
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:+1.9549699155
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:PORSCHEFORSALE.ORG@domainservice.com
Name Server:NS1.SLICEHOST.NET
Name Server:NS2.SLICEHOST.NET
Name Server:NS3.SLICEHOST.NET
Name Server:
DNSSEC:Unsigned

-----------------------------------------

Moniker Privacy Services is a ISP that is know for it's shady business practices and SPAM domains ...

I'd be very careful with that one ... popcorn[1].gif
bandjoey
Deleted from my favorites! Thanks
Hammy
Sites that are shady/spam tend to have a certain noticeable look. Ads covering 3/4's of the opening page is a dead giveaway.
Drums66
.....Uh OH...erased laugh.gif
bye1.gif
sean_v8_914
interesting how many scams come out of FL
914 shifter
florida, cheer.gif aka 'gods waiting room' popcorn[1].gif
porscheforsale.org
Hi Everyone,

Looks like you have found my Porsche For Sale site. Yes, it's a real site where you can post ads for sale and contact the sellers for free.

Please feel free to use it if you like. Or don't if you don't like.

I find it interesting that some people thought it was a scam site, so I want to address the points that were brought up:

I don't sell email addresses or put them on any list or anything like that. What you see is what you get - no more, no less.

I do use a domain privacy service, that's very common these days so you don't get your email address added to every spam list known to man. I've never heard of Moniker being a spammer ISP. They are quite popular among people who have a lot of domains and their price is fair. Godaddy et al just doesn't cut it.

You're right, there is no contact email on the site. I used to have that on all the sites but the spam got out of control so I removed it. I've been meaning to add a new spam proof contact form but haven't gotten to that yet.

There are ads on the page. That's what pays for what I do, the site programming, the hosting, etc. I have mixed feelings about this one. I need to make money like everyone else who works for a living. Charging for ads is not a very good business model anymore so that is out. Plus, I like to have the site free, and the majority of the visitors just ignore the ads and use the free services. I think it's a fair trade. It would be fabulous to have one tiny ad from a Porsche dealer or something instead but I'm not into cold calling to try and sell that so I leave it the way it is.

The ads are posted by people. I think some people cut and paste the ad from one spot when they add it on a different site first. Or they add it here first and then cut and paste it somewhere else. That's what I do if I post something for sale on more than one site. I mean, why would you re-write it?

I don't control who posts the ads. I'm sure some of them are those 3-2-1 scams that people fall into and if you find one I can remove it. (just PM me here with the URL) Others I'm sure are ads that someone sold the car and didn't take down the ad. Both of these are very common on classified sites - I've been running classifieds ads for over 10 years now, and those are the most common issues. It happens other places too, like craigslist and whatnot.

As the ads come in, I just approve them (and delete a bunch of spam ads that others try to post) as they come in. The 11/21/10 thing is kind of dumb. I was using an older, very dated software to run the site and just could not get the stupid date of the ads to export when I changed over to this new system. I spent like 2 weeks on it, and couldn't get it to work properly. Oh well, I give up.

The site ranks well for lots of Porsche for sale related terms. I hope you find it useful, but if you don't you are of course free to not use it too.

If you have trouble posting ads (sometimes emails for account confirmation go to spam folders and some mail providers like AOL in particular just go to a black hole somewhere) you can PM me here on this forum.

Happy New Year folks, and I hope you got that 914/6 you were dreaming about for Christmas! I didn't, but maybe next year...

RJMII
To hide your email address and still allow for people to contact you, you could add a contact page.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.