Does this work on a type IV? popcorn[1].gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S5Uapc8GjE

r_towle
yup
Kirmizi
I'm diggin the special tool popcorn[1].gif
Mike
bandjoey
That tool would work with the motor out of the car.
realred914
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Dec 9 2010, 08:51 PM) *

I'm diggin the special tool popcorn[1].gif
Mike

cool cresent wrench, is it metric?
yeahmag
That's the guy that does all my machine work. He's super nice, good, and affordable.
Cap'n Krusty
I do 'em 2 at a time. Never tried 4, and I don't see how it could be as accurate as my way. We call people who take questionable time saving short cuts "flat raters", for their efforts to do a given job in the shortest time possible without regard to the quality of the result. They DO often beat the flat rate time, though. That's how dealer techs can flag 80+ billable hours in a 40 hour week ..............

The Cap'n
r_towle
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 10 2010, 02:20 PM) *

I do 'em 2 at a time. Never tried 4, and I don't see how it could be as accurate as my way. We call people who take questionable time saving short cuts "flat raters", for their efforts to do a given job in the shortest time possible without regard to the quality of the result. They DO often beat the flat rate time, though. That's how dealer techs can flag 80+ billable hours in a 40 hour week ..............

The Cap'n

agree.gif

Would it work on a stock camshaft...yes.
Would it work on an aftermarket camshaft that has different overlap and larger lobes, not really.

2 at a time is plenty fast enough for me.

Rich
Hammy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 10 2010, 11:20 AM) *

The Cap'n

agree.gif

I work in the service dept. at a Toyota dealership. On steady or busy days the techs often shoot for 15-20 hours in a 9-10 hour day. I don't blame them though, it's the crooked thieving service advisers and manager who play dumb when trouble heads their way.
913B
Does it matter which TDC for any particular cylinder. So how would you go about finding TDC. Would it work by looking at the rotor inside the distributor pointing to the #1 plug wire ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.