Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey WLA SFV SoCal!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Wanna join me for a relaxed canyon run tomorrow AM? Malibu Cyn, Rock Store, and Mulholland to the beach for breakfast? Time flexible, but I'll be at Malibu Cyn/101 8am ish. Call me on cel 818/517-8011.
skline
If I had my car, I would be there, It sounds like fun.
monkeywrench
Would love to buy have to work.

Would be interested in the future.
Aaron Cox
I would...but i have my senior prom tommorow. biggrin.gif
Howard
Aaron, long memory. Must be graduating from a CA high School. Write tomorrow on the board 100 times beer.gif
campbellcj
Any chance switching it to Sunday? Odds I could make it would be higher but not certain. I need to finish a few things to make it to the Streets next weekend. Hoping for a productive garage day tomorrow.

This morning I had to run an errand (914-related wink.gif ) to Chatsworth before work. Then I realized how effin' GORGEOUS the weather was with the sun & wind keeping things relatively clear, so I went up over Mullholland->Stunt-> Saddle Peak->Tuna Cyn-> Topanga and as I expected the 360° view from the top was absolutely unbelieveable.

I would move up there but I would probably kill myself by driving off a cliff within a few months...fun weekend roads, but a few times a day (or late at night), uhuh. unsure.gif

To cap off a great morning there was a nasty wreck on PCH & California which snarled up traffic real good....can't win 'em all I guess. 45 minutes to go about 4 miles...
campbellcj
Howard - speaking of SOW (POC) are you planning to be there?

I haven't driven there since the end of '03 so it will be interesting as I never fully used the modified track AND I can't afford new tires so I will have uuuuuussssssssssssed ones on the car. I'm determined to cord these puppies before throwing 'em out; times be damned as I am already out of the trophy race anyway by skipping 4 events.
Howard
Chris, Sunday could work. Maybe then some more would show. Will be @ SOW. Need to protect my lead and class lap record. wacko:

Need any help tomorrow? I could stop by and show you Moby Dick. Email your address..I was there that once but don't remember street name.
campbellcj
Cool, I look forward to next weekend a lot. I have been on Big Willow several times this year but have not run Streets (or anywhere else) thus far. My old tires will be a bummer but otherwise the car is running great.

I should have things under control for tomorrow, just basic cutting and drilling kind of crap. I got a ton done last weekend but need to finish attaching f/g top skin and fabricate a lexan rear window and some kind of door panels (black ABS) by next Friday to keep the POC tech-weenies happy wink.gif There are another half dozen things I "could" do but that is the bare minimum.

I will PM the address in case you are out and about in the monster 914-8 tomorrow. I would definitely like to see it as I was not able to swing by Ottos while it was there.
lagunero
Great idea Howard, but I'm putting the car on jacks this weekend to get it ready for WCC. I'm also realizing that I need a bit more notice since I got married ohmy.gif Can we do this in May? Please! I need to touch that BIG tail!
Howard
lagunero, just married and want to touch my tail?? PERV!

No 914's showed but nice Carrera GT. $450,000 car at Rock Store!!!

Think I'll do it every week. Good for soul and helps the CHP meet CA's budget deficit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.