Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many 914-6 survivors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
Someone asked me how many matching number -6s are there today. After I finished my explanation I realized that is a tough question given wrecks , rust, and modifieds. Anyone have an "official" count or is it like an economist.....SWAG!
What say you ?
Gint
There's a semi-recent thread on this very subject. Went on for several months. No official count I don't think though.
Tom_T
Someone asked a similar question on all 914s surviving a short while ago.

They're both gonna be a SVWAG estimate! biggrin.gif

... even if you could contact every state, provincial & country DMV in the world, you'd still be missing ones like mine sitting in my garage for 26+ years with no current PNO! dry.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 12 2010, 12:24 AM) *

There's a semi-recent thread on this very subject. Went on for several months. No official count I don't think though.

agree.gif

Click to view attachment
sorry I love that one

There is no way you could ever get an accurate number, only a guesstimate. If say that about 1/2 of the cars made still survive, that would be 1,600 and then 1/2 of them have the right #s, you would have 800. And I think that is high.

914Sixer
I agree with TC, most of the cars got engine transplants early on as the 911 engine progressed. Just look at the number of clones and engine modifications done to stock -4.
JoeSharp
Yes, I asked not too long ago. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;hl=orignal-6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.