Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alaska Blue with white interior - Pics anyone?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Mikey914
Got a car 2 years ago that that had been painted over several times, had it saneded down and repainted the original Alaska Blue. In dissasembly, I found the cloth that fills the gap between the door and the back pad had been painted over (black), but there was a small section where you could see it had been white.
So the back pad was white, I'm trying to figure out the correct seat color /material, and the correct carpet. Anyone have any pictures of this color combo?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Interior was bone white color and the carpet oatmeal Mark. (75 74 only) We are lucky that we have both fabric and carpet in the original materials, as most of the earlier ones have been discontinued. My first keeper 914 was malaga with the white interior and wheat carpets. Had to be a pretty clean guy to drive that 914! (you can imagine jumping onto a white interior with a little grease on ones pants!)
SUNAB914
Here's a pic of white interior. Center console is not factory color.Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Thanks,
That's exactly what I was looking for.
Lou W
Wow, that white interior looks pretty nice, my 914 was Alaska Blue with the light tan and cloth seat inserts. How common was the white interior and the tan interior with the Alaska Blue? I'd think most were black interior.....
Tom_T
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Dec 12 2010, 06:06 PM) *

Here's a pic of white interior. Center console is not factory color.Click to view attachment

BTW - there was a white hinged center cushion/stow-box FS last week on either CL or evil-bay - may have been from that Retro Salvage in TX if my half-zymers isn't too bad.
... if you want to complete out your white interior there, that is! drooley.gif

Mark - here's that color combo you're looking for -

Click to view attachment

However, 75-76 MYs would've been Ancona Blue, not Alaska IIRC.
shades.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Lou W @ Dec 12 2010, 11:37 PM) *

Wow, that white interior looks pretty nice, my 914 was Alaska Blue with the light tan and cloth seat inserts. How common was the white interior and the tan interior with the Alaska Blue? I'd think most were black interior.....

Lou, I don't think that Alska & White interiors coexisted at all in the same MY. Alaska was 73-74, Ancona Blue 75-75, & for interiors Beige (#31) in all MYs IIRC, but as George said, white was only 75-76. Most common of all was black, then beige then brown, then the later plaids & white were a whole new batch - but on fewer cars in those 2 MYs.

Here's Bowlsby's info on it -
http://www.bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PaintFabrics.htm
IronHillRestorations
Blue with white interior is really nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.