Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My version of a hybrid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
moparrob
I have decided to rebuild my Weber carbs myself, and part of the process is refinishing the exterior of the carb bodies by removing the surface corrosion. One popular method is baking soda ‘blasting’ using a bead blaster with baking soda as a very mild abrasive medium.

I've seen some messy solutions where guys simply rig a blow gun to a bucket of baking soda but that leaves a huge mess that doesn't go over well with the spousal unit or the neighbors.

Most blast cabinets are really big and not portable, though - that is why I gave a way my last one. So I decided to create a smaller portable version for my home use. I ended up getting a desk top blaster from Harbor Freight and mounting it to one of their utility carts. Now I have a portable blaster which should work nicely.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Subsequently I have mounted an exhaust fan which uses 4inch dryer ducting to vent the dust away. You can see the mock-up dimensions on the back side.

I've since finished it and it works great...
Gint
That's a great solution for soda.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.