Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: The cure for deadbeat e-bay sellers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
I'm so fucking pissed off I could kill animals.

So I buy this broken stereo from a guy. He lies to me, sells me his shit, then refuses to give me a refund.

Why? BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT TO.

I'm so sick of people ignoring ebay feedback, because its so short that you never can tell the whole story, or who's telling the truth.

THE CURE??? Create your own personal website (for free), tell the whole story, post pictures, and state your case, and post every e-mail transaction that transpired for the world to read. THEN..... post a link to the website AS THE PERSON'S FEEDBACK.

Oh yea.. and if that isn't enough..... write a respectful message to each and every person that is bidding on every item he's selling, and warn them of the type of person he is.

Overkill? Crossed the line? Too much? Psycho??

You better fucking believe it. I may never get my $123.00 back, but I'll be DAMNED if I'm not gonna get it back in lost sales due to my feedback, and my letters to his potential buyers.

Check out the feedback....

My e-bay identity is "ninefourteener"
This bastards identity is "xxaimsxx"

If you'd rather just go directly to the website I created, feel free:

http://www.geocities.com/ebayhorror/index.html

Ok... vent over... thanks for reading.

Need beer... bad.

beerchug.gif
Rich Bontempi
Go Get Him!
SpecialK
agree.gif

ar15.gif fighting19.gif spank.gif :finger2: finger.gif

What goes around, come around!
736conver
I tried the same thing. Ebay wont allow you to post a link in feedback. Mine got removed within a month
Joe Bob
I guess paypal and the buyer protections offered are not a part of the mix?
tod914
He states it worked in his car. How could he get it to work without a security code? I destest people like that. fighting19.gif give him both barrels!!!
Possible CD player got damaged in transit? Maybe look into pursuising from that end.
415PB
QUOTE(tod914 @ Apr 24 2004, 06:13 AM)
He states it worked in his car. How could he get it to work without a security code? I destest people like that. fighting19.gif give him both barrels!!!
Possible CD player got damaged in transit? Maybe look into pursuising from that end.

agree.gif
STL914
Matt,

How did you pay for the stereo, Paypal, MO or check?

If paid thru Paypal, notify them of the situation. Paypal will investigate and actually refund your money if they agree with your statements.

Also contact eBay. They offer several options when dealing with deadbeat sellers.

I was burned by a guy from CA selling a rear reflecter. I paid with a MO and received the reflector in 2 pieces. Seller offered a refund if I mailed back both pieces. Spent another $10 to do so, only to have the seller vanish of the face ot the earth. fighting19.gif

The people at eBay tried and failed to contact him. So I'm out $75, and have become gunshy on bidding on eBay. Two of the last three transactions have been very disappointing.
ninefourteener
Well, if the feedback gets removed... I'm still going to write all the buyers that are bidding on his shit.

As for Paypal..... I basically got a big "screw you, we're sorry" from them.

Here's a copy of the letter I just got from Paypal this morning:

Per our User Agreement, PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to the shipment of goods and does not apply to disputes about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we regret to inform you that we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund. We encourage you to continue to work directly with the seller to amicably resolve this dispute and apologize for any inconvenience.

PayPal does not tolerate fraud or illegal activities. Your complaint has been noted in the record of the PayPal user you reported. If we find thisuser has violated our policies, we will investigate and take appropriate action. If this occurs, you may be contacted in the future about the status of this complaint.

We appreciate your business, and regret this experience.

To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest reading
these Security Tips:
morph
smilie_pokal.gif like the website, great idea
Mueller
Wasn't killing animals a prelude to killing people for many serial killers?

oh, oh, we've got an FBI profiler on the board laugh.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Seeker @ Apr 24 2004, 07:52 AM)
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Apr 23 2004, 11:30 PM)

Wasn't killing animals a prelude to killing people for many serial killers? Hard to feel sorry for a low-life such as yourself.

Speaking of low lifes.....if you ARE a newbie, sign the fucking post. If you are a previous poster that signed in on another account....you must have a tiny penis. finger.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(Seeker @ Apr 24 2004, 07:52 PM)

Wasn't killing animals a prelude to killing people for many serial killers? Hard to feel sorry for a low-life such as yourself.

Brother, I know you're pissed... but that may have been a bit over the top.

Seeker, welcome to the BBS. We're glad to have you here, and hope that you post regularly. However, we try to discourage personal attacks. I doubt that Ninefourteener meant that literally.

Everyone... have a great 914 day!

-Rusty smoke.gif
tod914
I doubt that Ninefourteener meant that literally.

Well if you look at his most recent purchase on ebay, it was a havahart animal trap and daisy red ryder. blink.gif
SLITS
GAWD - tree huggers and PETA - nuke 'em till they glow and if they're still standing - shoot 'em.
ninefourteener
QUOTE(Seeker @ Apr 24 2004, 07:52 AM)

OOOOHHHHHH I get a newbie that hates me on THEIR FIRST POST!!!

Damn.. I feel special.

I figure it's probably my psycho ex-girlfriend that caused such a stink on here a couple months ago..... or it's the lowlife bastard that sold me the stereo.... not sure how he knew about this site though.

Ugggghhh.... and you wonder why my avatar says "PSYCHOMAGNET"

For those that are interested, the "animal" comment was an expression of how upset I am about this e-bay transactions.

I LOVE ANIMALS....... I even have a 9 year old dog I adopted that wa severely beaten and scarred as a pup..... I regularly volunteer time at the local SPCA.... and I have recued COUNTLESS numbers of stray animals.

So to the newbie.... Fuck yourself. finger.gif
morph
We have two rambuctious boys that really need a good puppy, Do you have any reccomendations on a certain breed that might be good with highly active children.
ninefourteener
Are you serious?? LOL

If so... Mutts are the best dogs.. have always been.

50-60 pounds..... retriever mixes, large terier mixes, etc..... they are highly playful, live a long time, and make great pets.

Personally, I like em big and lazy...... St. Bernards and Bassett hounds are my favorite breeds (although bassetts really aren't that big)

Or perhaps this was a comment on my recent childish behavior regarding a certain e-bay transaction?? LOL
VegasRacer
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Apr 24 2004, 07:34 AM)
Well, if the feedback gets removed... I'm still going to write all the buyers that are bidding on his shit.

Sorry to hear that you got screwed on your eBay deal.

Don't be surprised if your feedback disappears. eBay does not alow you to post a link. Be careful if you do contact the bidders on his auctions. eBay calls this 'auction interference'.

Bottom line is that eBay does not really care that you got screwed. All they care about is their fees. If you try warning others about this seller, eBay might lose a few pennies in sales fees and they take this threat very seriously. If one of those bidders reports your contact, eBay will suspend your account.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Apr 24 2004, 12:10 PM)
We have two rambuctious boys that really need a good puppy, Do you have any reccomendations on a certain breed that might be good with highly active children.

Get a labrador....go see it at the Mother's place....pick the sleepy one. Not the one that bounces off the wall like my wife picked....four years later....still bouncing. One good thing, she keeps the 12 year male bopping.... lol2.gif
d7n7master
agree.gif
I also got screwed by Ebay/Paypal. I bought 914 seats that looked amazing in the picture. When UPS delivered them - by chance I was at home. I opened the box while the UPS driver was waiting for me to sign for delivery. The seats were in very poor condition, cracks, tears, etc. The UPS driver said "don't sign for them & I'll take them back" - PayPal said, you didn't send the package to us for evaluation so we can't determine whose at fault... F you, never again. I'll search on ebay but I'll never use payFingPal again. If you can't drive to see the item before you buy, don't do it...
d7n7master
Take the SOB to small claims court. Go for the MAX allowable. Save us ALL from this type of ebay seller.
morph
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Apr 24 2004, 12:25 PM)
Are you serious?? LOL

If so... Mutts are the best dogs.. have always been.

No, I was serious, you said you were an animal lover who knew something about animals, so I thought I would ask, LOL, sorry about being off topic
neo914-6
The stereo (AM/FM) works fine, and I am unsure of the cassette player, as I have not tried it.  But the CD changer will not accept CDs, nor play them.  

I couple of years ago I was pondering getting a used factory stereo for my Mazda van and finally decided against it since dismantlers or personal sellers rarely guarantee stereos. It's high risk even buying from someone you know. We'll I bought a new stereo off eBay, and the darn thing wouldn't work. It powered up but no CD. It turned out the cigarette fuse circuit was tied into it somehow and had blown. New fuse and it worked perfectly up to the day it was stolen. I think you learned the first point and the second, hopefully was well checked. Sorry you had to deal with a deadbeat eBay seller.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Apr 24 2004, 09:12 AM)
Seeker, welcome to the BBS.

i don't think so ...

guess who that "Seeker" was cool.gif

he's gone now ...
Andy
double-a
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 24 2004, 09:00 PM)

uh... "chicken" alfredo? wink.gif

~a
Brett W
you want to know why Paypal is so bad:

http://www.paypalwarning.com/
Rusty
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 25 2004, 09:00 AM)
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Apr 24 2004, 09:12 AM)
Seeker, welcome to the BBS.

i don't think so ...

he's gone now ...
Andy

That's a new one... it didn't fit the profile.

Is the moon full already? LOL

-Rusty smoke.gif
ninefourteener
Ok... clue me in... who was it??

You know..... thats the SECOND time someone has created a brand new profile for the sole purposes of harassing me.

Isn't that like a record or something?

Damn... and here I am thinking I'm a pretty nice guy--LOL
EdwardBlume
Thanks for the post. You've convinced me NEVER to buy stereo equipment from eBay. With your time and frustration.. good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.