Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
That's nice. I may have to stop by just to drool. drooley.gif
PanelBilly
Very well priced. I hope you find someone who will care for the car who has the cash
jim_hoyland
Seen this beautiful 914 several times. Owner really babied this car, clearly worth the asking price considering the costs to restore any average 914. Good luck with the sale ! smile.gif
Cairo94507
Absolutely beautiful car!

If I thought my wife would not throw me out, run me over with her car repeatedly and then cut my throat while I slept I would buy that terrific looking 914 to keep my six company.

Best wishes with the sale.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 14 2010, 06:36 PM) *

Absolutely beautiful car!

If I thought my wife would not throw me out, run me over with her car repeatedly and then cut my throat while I slept I would buy that terrific looking 914 to keep my six company.

Best wishes with the sale.

Just have Santa bring it for the wife........ smile.gif Maybe one of those big red bows on top , ala, A Christmas to Remember
tod914
Can't believe how nice they look in black. Very nice Levon.
levonfarra
Thank you gentlemen for your kind words.
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Levon
GFBryan
Leon - Please contact me re your Black 914
Greg Bryan
310-480-0046
gfbryan@aol.com
Thanks!
Cairo94507
Whew! Thank God! I have looked at that posting many times and had gotten to the point where I was considering buying it and hiding it in my brother's garage until I could figure out how to tell the wife....

That car is just beautiful and I hope it stays here in CA. Whomever bought it is going to be very happy indeed. Good luck new owner and the best to the seller who maintained and had such a beautiful car.
levonfarra
Thanks again to everyone with your kindness.

I sold the car to a SoCal resident, who plans on keeping it for a long time.
But if he decides to sell it, I was told I would be the first to know.

I will miss that great little car! One day I will own one again!

Levon
porschenstock
QUOTE(levonfarra @ Dec 27 2010, 10:11 PM) *

Thanks again to everyone with your kindness.

But if he decides to sell it, I was told I would be the first to know.

I will miss that great little car! One day I will own one again!

Levon

Lucky guy beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Seriously, the weekend before this wonderful car sold I had a discussion with my brother to stash it at his house if I bought it so I could gradually warm my wife to the idea.....

By the way, I am still recovering from the wounds I received when I bought the 914-6. av-943.gif she was like "if you want another Porsche go buy the 997 C4S coupe".

Actually, she gave me the OK but she still refers to the six as "that piece of crap in the garage". I point out how much she loved driving my irish green 3.0 CSI '70 original six and she says, "That was over 20 years ago".

In her defense, she loved her '97 993 coupe (bought new) and I did sell it on her birthday w/o telling her 6.5 years later (I got tired of having to take it to the dealership for something needing repair or a code needing clearing every month. Additionally the interior of the car was just plain cheap. Sorry, but Porsche really dropped the ball on that interior). But I replaced the Porsche with with a red/tan '01 NSX with 6 speed and 10K miles. Though she loved driving the NSX, she hated getting in and out of it as it was really low.

I am pretty sure she will not be driving the '71 914-6.
dlkawashima

Apparently the new owner didn't like it, it's back up for sale on ebay ...
wreglesworth
What was the original asking price?
Torque
QUOTE(wreglesworth @ Jan 24 2011, 04:31 PM) *

What was the original asking price?

$11K
Bobby Smith
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Jan 24 2011, 10:06 AM) *

It appears the eBay auction was pulled. The bidding went to $7K. Anyone here know what happened?
PanelBilly
See, we all want to know what's happening with the prices of our cars. See my thread in the garage about adding a sold section to classifieds
levonfarra
The new owner told me he loves the car and decided not to sell it for now. He is going to use a doner seat to have a custom seat made to support his back. If that does not work, he will reluctantly have to sell the car at that point.

QUOTE(Bobby Smith @ Jan 27 2011, 12:21 PM) *

QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Jan 24 2011, 10:06 AM) *

It appears the eBay auction was pulled. The bidding went to $7K. Anyone here know what happened?

73Euro911S
I acquired this nice car last week and thought I'd share the story. I am a addicted Porsche enthusiast. In addition to the new 914 I also own a 97 993 C2S and a 73 911S. Over the past year or so I have been looking for a nice 914 that my son and I can enjoy together that's not terribly expensive and fairly easy to work on. He hopes to autocross and learn to drive on a track. A 914 seemed like a good choice for us to "co-own."

A few weeks ago I was driving on Interstate 5 (in San Diego, where I live) and I came upon a very clean looking black 914 2.0. I was in my black 993, and when I passed the 914, the driver and I exchanged a nod and a wave in appreciation of each others cars. I called my son and excitedly and told him about the cool 914 I'd just seen. He's a freshman at UCSB and we talk about cars just about every day. On Saturday, I happened to check eBay renewing my on again, off again search for a 914. You all can guess what I saw; it was the same 914! What the heck...of course I contacted the seller and acknowledged the sighting from the day before and also asked to see his car. As luck would have it, he works a few blocks away from me so the following tuesday I visited him and saw the black 914. Levon is correct, he was a very reluctant seller and if not for back pain while driving the car, I don't think he would have listed the car at all. In fact, he changed his mind a few times in the ensuing week. I certainly understand the emotional attachment to a car so his change of heart was something I could relate to.

I bought the car last Thursday and will start going through it top to bottom. I think some of you know the car and that it was well loved and cared for by it's previous owners including Levon, who sold the car not long ago to the seller I acquired the car from. I plan on contacting Levon to learn more about his former car soon.

I'm active in the early 911 community and I plan on wading in to the pool here as I learn about 914 ownership as I find forums like this to be a great resource and wealth of information. I go to the Irvine Car's & Coffee frequently so maybe I'll see some of you there.

Nick
Cairo94507
Nick:

You are one lucky guy; I am glad I did not see that car pop up for sale again. It was tempting the first time, I do not think I could say no the second time it was available. Fortunately I did not see it on e-Bay and I check that sight a few times per week.

That is a very nice car and I wish you and your son the best of luck and good times with it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.