Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914-6 Bulkhead motor mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
maddog
This mount works on early or late cars, has access for the wiring loom and is designed to set the mount height to accommodate carbs, MFI, CIS or DME without major modification of the bulkhead piece. This mount is bolted to the firewall to determine location of engine and then is welded on for reinforcement. The welding will take about 10-15 minutes for someone that knows what they are doing and can be preformed after the engine is installed. None of the stock 914 equipment needs to be relocated. The mount also uses 911 motor mounts and standard mounting hardware. This mount is great for the do-it-yourself type person who is doing a six conversion and wants to save a little money. I accept Visa/MC through PayPal. Asking $200 shipping is included in the cont US, otherwise shipping is on buyer. I will ship internationally but email me first. Email me with any questions. I also offer the hardware kit that includes the stock 911 mounts for an additional $85.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914racer
QUOTE(maddog @ Dec 14 2010, 06:58 AM) *

This mount works on early or late cars, has access for the wiring loom and is designed to set the mount height to accommodate carbs, MFI, CIS or DME without major modification of the bulkhead piece. This mount is bolted to the firewall to determine location of engine and then is welded on for reinforcement. The welding will take about 10-15 minutes for someone that knows what they are doing and can be preformed after the engine is installed. None of the stock 914 equipment needs to be relocated. The mount also uses 911 motor mounts and standard mounting hardware. This mount is great for the do-it-yourself type person who is doing a six conversion and wants to save a little money. I accept Visa/MC through PayPal. Asking $175 shipping is included in the cont US, otherwise shipping is on buyer. I will ship internationally but email me first. Email me with any questions. I also offer the hardware kit that includes the stock 911 mounts for an additional $85.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Do you still have the mount for sale? Is it a mount from Rich Johnson?
914racer
QUOTE(914racer @ Jan 4 2011, 09:35 PM) *

QUOTE(maddog @ Dec 14 2010, 06:58 AM) *

This mount works on early or late cars, has access for the wiring loom and is designed to set the mount height to accommodate carbs, MFI, CIS or DME without major modification of the bulkhead piece. This mount is bolted to the firewall to determine location of engine and then is welded on for reinforcement. The welding will take about 10-15 minutes for someone that knows what they are doing and can be preformed after the engine is installed. None of the stock 914 equipment needs to be relocated. The mount also uses 911 motor mounts and standard mounting hardware. This mount is great for the do-it-yourself type person who is doing a six conversion and wants to save a little money. I accept Visa/MC through PayPal. Asking $175 shipping is included in the cont US, otherwise shipping is on buyer. I will ship internationally but email me first. Email me with any questions. I also offer the hardware kit that includes the stock 911 mounts for an additional $85.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Do you still have the mount for sale? Is it a mount from Rich Johnson?

I am planning on using the mount on my race car which has a 2.5 liter motor. Is there a concern with motor size with your mount? What guage is the metal? How does it compare to the RJ mount? If I buy one and it doesn't fit because of modifications done to the firewall, is it returnable?
Thanks
Rich
rjrol@aol.com
513-317-7911
ONTHEGRIND
Im interested
maddog
Thanks for the interest, this mount will work up to and on the 3.2 liter engines. The part that bolts to the engine is a 1/4" plate weldment and the hanger part is a 12 ga (.105") weldment, the parts go together with 2 stock 911 motor mounts. This is a similar design to the RJ mount, but not as expensive. I have been selling this mount for over ten years now and have been continually refining the design from feedback from my customers. As far as returns I would only take a return if the mount is defective. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.