Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new 914 model from VW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
veltror
VW have issued a whole pile of new car models under the volkswagen lifestyle series.
Obviously most of these are repacked currently existing models.

There is a 914 in Signal orange

Part number 811 099 300 K2Y

I will try and upload a pdf when i get home...

which I now have done...
carr914
The Dealership I work for has a VW Franchise. I tried looking up that part# and I couldn't find it. I will keep looking

T.C.
racerbvd
Click to view attachment
veltror
Christ, i said I would upload a pdf when i got home....
URY914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 14 2010, 10:05 AM) *

The Dealership I work for has a VW Franchise. I tried looking up that part# and I couldn't find it. I will keep looking

T.C.

Have you gone public with this yet?
Brett W
At least one manufacture recognizes us.
montoya 73 2.0
Oh, the wife is going to be so mad when these start rolling in!
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 14 2010, 04:03 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 14 2010, 10:05 AM) *

T.C.

Have you gone public with this yet?

I have now! biggrin.gif
mojorisen914
The PDF file says the Minichamps won't be available from Week 02/2011. Maybe that's why the part # isn't working yet.
Drums66
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Dec 14 2010, 10:28 AM) *

........And a Picher of brew please... biggrin.gif
bye1.gif
Dr Evil
Oh, I need some of those.
bandjoey
1:1scale or 1:125 scale ? confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 14 2010, 03:09 PM) *

Tom_T
idea.gif I wonder if they solved the rust problems on those? biggrin.gif
carr914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 14 2010, 06:22 PM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 14 2010, 03:09 PM) *

But the picture in the box behind the model is of Ferry Porsche and his 914-8 - about as far away from the base model as you could get
AndyB
Yeah but I still want one aktion035.gif
bandjoey
Matchbox car size or larger? Can't tell in the pic. Where are these sold and about how much? Thanks SirAndy
MDG
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 14 2010, 08:01 PM) *

Matchbox car size or larger? Can't tell in the pic. Where are these sold and about how much? Thanks SirAndy

It's 1:43 scale so it will be a bit bigger than the Matchbox cars
nsr-jamie
uh oh, one more thing I need to add to the collection.....cool !!
beech4rd
I have a Minichamps VW-Porsche 914 and it looks a lot like this, Rostyle steelies and all. I suspect that Minichamps has dusted off its old molds, come up with a new color and entered into a marketing campaign with VW. And we are all going to purchase one (or more).

Chris
carr914
The Model is not in the VW system in the USA - Yet

I have an eMail into Minichamps to find more info

T.C.
maf914
QUOTE(beech4rd @ Dec 15 2010, 09:35 AM) *

I have a Minichamps VW-Porsche 914 and it looks a lot like this, Rostyle steelies and all. I suspect that Minichamps has dusted off its old molds, come up with a new color and entered into a marketing campaign with VW. And we are all going to purchase one (or more).

Chris

I think Chris is right. This is probably the Minichamp 914 model. I have a couple of those somewhere. I think Minichamp also makes 1/43 models for sale through Porsche and they are available at the link below.

http://shop3.porsche.com/usa/modelcar/

There is a 914 police car in the History Collection: Porsche Police Cars, which includes four police car models; a 356, two 911's, and a 914. The site doesn't show a photo of the set, but there is a photo in the Porsche Design Drivers Selection catalog sent to me by a local Porsche dealer (I think because I am a PCA member in their area).

T.C.,

Please let us know if and when you find a source here in the US. Thanks.
maf914
Somewhat Off Topic, but does anyone have good internet sources for 1/43 diecast models here in the US?

I used to buy from www.EWA.com which had a pretty big selection and some special price offers occasionally, but they seem to have gone out of business this past year. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
carr914
[quote name='maf914' date='Dec 15 2010, 01:16 PM' post='1405888']
[quote name='beech4rd' post='1405868' date='Dec 15 2010, 09:35 AM']

There is a 914 police car in the History Collection: Porsche Police Cars, which includes four police car models; a 356, two 911's, and a 914. The site doesn't show a photo of the set, but there is a photo in the Porsche Design Drivers Selection catalog sent to me by a local Porsche dealer (I think because I am a PCA member in their area).

T.C.,

Please let us know if and when you find a source here in the US. Thanks.
[/quote]

Here is the Polizei Collection, I couls save people a few Bucks on the cost but after I ship it, it would cost you more than your local Dealer.

However on the Signal Orange car, if I can get them, I could probably arrange a Group Buy

T.C.

Click to view attachment

veltror
The Police 914 is available on its own, I picked one up at the Porsche Museum thsi year it has a part number of

MAP 02005609 on the box if that is of any help
MDG
QUOTE(maf914 @ Dec 15 2010, 01:26 PM) *

Somewhat Off Topic, but does anyone have good internet sources for 1/43 diecast models here in the US?

I used to buy from www.EWA.com which had a pretty big selection and some special price offers occasionally, but they seem to have gone out of business this past year. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you mean pre-made models AutoArt has a big 1:43 scale selection.

If you mean kits you build yourself go to www.mamodels.com - Mike is a great guy to deal with, has a huge selection of all eras of cars and even has a few different 914 kits all in 1:43. He has narrow body, flared even a Ginther car
Al Meredith
I've got a 1:43 blood orange 914 , 25 juhre commemorative unit . In a silver box with "PORSCHE" on top. It came with a pin and a poster. Says GAMA-MINI on the bottom . The hood and deck lid open.
maf914
I was doing a little surfing for models and ran across the following. I know it's been mentioned before on this site, but apparently AutoArt is planning a future release of several 1/18 scale diecast 914-6 models. Who knows when, but for now the photo looks good.

http://www.scale18.com/cgi-bin/page/item/a..._914_/_6_green_

If you do a search of future releases and scroll down to AutoArt Porsche 914 there are seven different models listed. The only problem is that the AutoArt models will probably cost at least twice as much as the previous Revell diecast, but the quality will probably be higher. Here is the future release link.

http://www.scale18.com/cgi-bin/page/search...0&txt=39822
MDG
Here's to hoping but those AutoArt 914s have been "coming soon" dry.gif since around '04
g911
Another car for the lionel train table!
veltror
Hmm cannot believe it has been so long since i posted this anyway here is an update, got my model today and at the same time ordered a Razor edge Ghia one, I like the front of that car as it looks pure evil.

I think I need another display case....

Roman
Gustl
QUOTE(MDG @ Dec 18 2010, 06:39 PM) *

Here's to hoping but those AutoArt 914s have been "coming soon" dry.gif since around '04

the 1/18 AutoArt is close to release
it was seen on the Nürnberg Fair
price should be somewhere around €150 (about $200) blink.gif
1st colour might be signal orange

Gustl
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 15 2010, 12:57 PM) *

The Model is not in the VW system in the USA - Yet

I have an eMail into Minichamps to find more info

T.C.

QUOTE(veltror @ Feb 12 2011, 05:20 PM) *

Hmm cannot believe it has been so long since i posted this anyway here is an update, got my model today and at the same time ordered a Razor edge Ghia one, I like the front of that car as it looks pure evil.

I think I need another display case....

Roman

Roman, Can you get me any Numbers off the MiniChamps box ( A picture would be great)? I finally got an eMail from MiniChamps and it said the original part # was not in their system. Since I'm @ a Porsche/VW Dealership, if I can get these I will set up a Group Buy

T.C.
Gustl
T.C. - this model doesn't come with a Minichamps number, because it's exclusively sold via VW Lifestyle

www.volkswagen-lifestyle.de

the model number is: 811 099 300 K2Y

beerchug.gif Gustl
sixerdon
QUOTE(maf914 @ Dec 15 2010, 10:26 AM) *

You want Porsche models? Try here; www.peoplekars.com
They are located near Albany, NY and attend many model and car shows/swaps in the northeast including the Hershey swap meet. The guy's name is Frank and is very knowledgeable on current and future Porsche models. Big on VW too, as well as other marques. I see him 2 or 3 times a year to buy something new.
(I used to buy from EWA back in the 80's. Got some of his old catalog's somewhere)
Don

carr914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Feb 17 2011, 12:51 AM) *

T.C. - this model doesn't come with a Minichamps number, because it's exclusively sold via VW Lifestyle

www.volkswagen-lifestyle.de

the model number is: 811 099 300 K2Y

beerchug.gif Gustl

Problem is Volkswagon-lifestyle is european, in the US we have drivergear.vw.com and the 914 is not in the catalog

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.