Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *SOLD* Dan Gurney wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
koozy
4 Dan Gurney wheels and good tires. 6 inch wheels. $225 for the set with practically new Dunlop Direzza DZ101 tires (at about 80% to 90% tread left). 195/50/15

Local pickup preferred. Actual shipping cost apply (packaging and postal rate)

IPB Image
orange914
just a bump and a quick question about these wheels

i've got a set on my early 73' they also have the 4 screws holes to hold the center caps on. some had no screw holes with obviously the slip in centers. i know these were dealer installed rims that seem to be on and around the 73 models. the later seem to have slip fit centers... any one have more acurate or detailed info.?

by the way they DO fit these cars nicely smile.gif
koozy
The only thing I have heard is they have wheels that used a 4 tab cap with 4 screws, wheels that had a push thru cap, there is a bevel on the back of the center hole and wheels that used a snap in cap, no bevel on the back of teh center hole. I wish I knew more.
koozy
I have seen them polished and they look stunning
jetboy
Any idea on what the weight and offset is for these?
koozy
I believe they were all made of aluminum so I would guess they are rather light. I can not weigh them at the moment since they have tires on them. Sorry about that. Offset is 9.52 at 3.875 backspace (in inches)

Edit for typo...
dlo914
Very interested. Just gotta see if a relative of mine in San Jose can pick them up for me.
orange914
QUOTE(koozy @ Dec 14 2010, 09:31 PM) *

I have seen them polished and they look stunning

wet sand them w/ 2000 grit or finer and mothers mag polish em' aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
koozy
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Dec 15 2010, 09:32 PM) *

Very interested. Just gotta see if a relative of mine in San Jose can pick them up for me.

I'm very close to San Jose, in case you needed me to help with that. I can drop them off, if that would help.
76-914
QUOTE(jetboy @ Dec 14 2010, 10:40 PM) *

Any idea on what the weight and offset is for these?

10 lb's each w/o tire
koozy
Cool, thanks. Not bad.
dlo914
QUOTE(koozy @ Dec 15 2010, 11:12 PM) *

QUOTE(dlo914 @ Dec 15 2010, 09:32 PM) *

I'm very close to San Jose, in case you needed me to help with that. I can drop them off, if that would help.

sad.gif cousin's car wont have any room for a set of rims+tires when she comes down for Xmas, and none of my friends are driving down for xmas. I'll have to pass these. GL with the sale, it's an awesome deal.
koozy
OK, not a problem at all. Thanks for the interest. With the holidays coming I think these will sit until after the first of the year when things settle down a bit.
wertygrog
Wow I like these rims..and my tires are showing cords. huh.gif

I'm down here just north of San Diego though... idea.gif

Do you know of anyone who might be heading down this way sometime? Or perhaps how much it would cost to ship these bad boys?
koozy
Hi Brent,

Shipping them is a killer due to the weight of the tires and size of the load. Although, I can check to see what Greyhound would charge.

I don't know anyone going south from here but if you post the question in the "Garage" you might find someone going down to visit family for the holidays.

Mike
wertygrog
I have read that Greyhound is the way to go for something like this.

Do you have the correct lug bolts for these? I don't think my ball-style Empi lug bolts will work with these. Also it would be great if you could throw one of them on a scale. I'd be very curious about the weight of the tire/wheel combo.

Thanks!
koozy
I don't have a set of lug bolts for these wheels but they are not that hard to find. They use a lug nut so ya need to use threaded studs or maybe they make lug bolts for them. I have a buddy that told me of a place to get all kinds of different lug bolt/nut combos so I'll ask him. I'll throw them on a scale and get back to you.
orange914
QUOTE(koozy @ Dec 20 2010, 10:09 PM) *

I don't have a set of lug bolts for these wheels but they are not that hard to find. They use a lug nut so ya need to use threaded studs or maybe they make lug bolts for them. I have a buddy that told me of a place to get all kinds of different lug bolt/nut combos so I'll ask him. I'll throw them on a scale and get back to you.

i'm not trying to piss on anyones post toasties here, but the lug nut bolts for these are different from your typical pedreni's, fuches or steelies. they have a thicker staight cut shoulder to center the rims apx 3/4" long as i recall. there is a posted thread or two on machineing a "ball" type surface to convert to us other lug nut options.
they ARE nice wheels and fit well... worth tracking down the bolts or converting imo
koozy
Thanks for the clarification. I do have a set of the lug nuts used with these wheels since I have 2 sets of wheels. The set with the lug nuts are on the car I am selling (pending) but I just remembered that I may have another set from a different project car that is long gone. I'll look. I believe one could do a search and find the source for these quite easily. They are not all that unique.
koozy
Here is what they look like. (sorry for the cruddy cell phone photo) I just found 8 sitting in a box next to me in the garage. Go figure. I'll bet I can dig up the rest but no promises.

IPB Image
bschoenh
Have you sold these for sure?
I'd like to see them .. I live 2:30 away. Are you around for the holidays?
thx Bob
koozy
No firm commitment as of yet. I will be here for the holidays but have a tough work schedule. I'm sure we can work something out. PM me and we can chat.
koozy
Bump for after holiday sale
silver74insocal
can you read the date stamp on the tires? thanks,Dave
koozy
0907 purchased new in 2008 and stored indoors until mounted in early 09. Stored indoors until driven a few hundred miles in early 2010. Then stored indoors until November of 2010. Then mounted on car and pushed around until December 2010. Now they are sitting on the side of my house. They are in fantastic shape.
koozy
*Sold* to a very nice kid named Peter J. Says he is on here all the time. Subi conversion in his teener. Hope to see him out there autocrossing with GGR soon.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.