Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch and Flywheel replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
Getting ready to buy a clutch and flywheel for my 2.7 conversion project. I see bundled Sachs kits on Ebay all the time for what appears to be reasonable money. Are these decent products (pic attached). Ebay scares the hell out of me....

I need the 6 bolt flywheel that works with the 901 tail shifter, and the appropriate clutch.

Thanks in advance for any info/advice.
beerchug.gif
SLITS
Sachs is OE to Porsche or was.

Just get the one for the 2.0L Porsche (4 or 6 as they are the same now). I have the kit number somewhere but not handy.
J P Stein
Kennedy is one NOT to avoid. biggrin.gif
Ian Stott
I got mine from Jake Raby, he preps them and mine is really smooth. Give him a call, tell him what ya got and he will have what you need I'm sure.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Mark Henry
Just make sure it's not from this guy...a known ebay/porsche scam artist who keeps getting away with it.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...ed-porsche.html
Cap'n Krusty
If you choose a Kennedy clutch, be aware that the increased force necessary to operate the clutch can be detrimental to the life of the clutch cable tube welded into the body. Personally I think the OE Sachs clutch would be fine. As for the flywheel, they're available new for somewhere north of $500, and there are a lot of good used ones floating around out there. Beware of OE 914/6 flywheels; they're made of cast iron rather than steel, and they're like butter. Whatever flywheel you buy, if you intend to use the handy-dandy TDC and timing marks on the flywheel, you're gonna have to make your own new ones, because the clocking of the bolt holes in the crankshaft changed with the bigger engines.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.