Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1st DE in 5 years
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Thanks for a good motor Brad! Carb tapping did the trick on the stumble earlier this week. I cooked the brakes in session 2, but they were back by the 3rd session which was rainy. My oh My, my car sucks in the rain. Old, hard tires and rain don't mix too well. Lots o fishtailing going on. I did not, however go off in the wet. I did spin in 8 (Putnam Park) in the dry. What a blast, I forgot how it felt. Our cars, although slow at times, are a hoot to drive! I've met some teener guys, although I'm the only one on the track.

One more day to go. Fingers are crossed for a dry day and no mechanicals.

smilie_pokal.gif rickyracerwannabe#2(behind JP)
Bleyseng
It is fun running down brand new hot ricers in the corners isnt it? They lose me in the straights but I run them down every time in the 914 in the curves.

Geoff

Oh, Brad says you are supposed to honk like you want to pass them in the corners! driving.gif
914rick
Sean, sounds GREAT. I do mine in about 2 1/2 weeks and getting excited. What track are you running at? Which engine are you running? I will keep my fingers crossed for a dry day tomorrow. Good luck.
Rick
seanery
Rick, are you running Gingerman? I've heard good things about that track. I'm running Putnam Park. It's nice, I'm having a blast. We have a section here that is like a smaller version of willowsprings 8&9. That one was tough in the rain.

I've got a 2.0 with euro p&c, webcam 494, dual webers, SSIs, and triad. It's got good torque, but not tons of hp. However, I was running deep in the 5k range and sometimes past 6k. It pulls up there, I'm surprised.

I passed a boxster, 76 911S, 944 and a couple others. I got passed by tons of stuff, though- even a damn pickemuptruck. There were two Ford Lightnings running. Damn, those trucks are fast ohmy.gif

3 GT3s running -2 street cars and 1 new Cup car.
914rick
Sean, sounds like alot fun. I haven't signed up for Gingerman yet, but I plan on being there. I think that it is about a mile longer then the one that I have been going to, Waterford Hills. A Boxster and a 911S, smilie_pokal.gif CONGRATS
Rick
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 24 2004, 08:13 PM)
However, I was running deep in the 5k range and sometimes past 6k. It pulls up there, I'm surprised.

I passed a boxster, 76 911S, 944 and a couple others. I got passed by tons of stuff, though- even a damn pickemuptruck.

"However, I was running deep in the 5k range and sometimes past 6k. It pulls up there, I'm surprised."

Mine does too, but staying at lower revs with your torque may let you concentrate on you line better. Unless you need to avoid a shift up - or need the powerband coming out of a turn. Why did we choose to drive a car with 5 feet of shift linkage?

"I passed a boxster, 76 911S, 944 and a couple others. I got passed by tons of stuff, though- even a damn pickemuptruck."

You already know this, but don't look at them. Look at your line, or braking point, or the next turn.

Looks to me like you're kickin' some ass and it sounds like you're havin' a blast!
Gint
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
seanery
Today's first two sessions where awesome. Picked off an 87 Carrera, 2 Boxster Ss, 944s, among others. I got picked by a 993 (but had similar lap times) crazy fast turbo cars and some others I don't remember. I had 3 awesome instructors. The third guy got out of my car 1/2 way through today and said I didn't need him anymore. Then he told me that he was comfortable with me running in any run group! WOOHOO!!! That felt nice. My second instructor was a factory Ford driver and did Indy from what I was told.

Tip #1 for the day:
Use good brake fluid.

Tip #2 for the day:
If you come into the hot pits to chat with your instructor, don't leave your foot on the brake pedal

Tip #3 for the day:
don't miss the 3-4 upshift at 6k sad.gif
Joe Bob
#3 could ruin an otherwise good day....
seanery
Here's a couple pics.

Sunday after 1st run session of the day.
seanery
goin' out for session 3
seanery
getting ready to point by the 993
seanery
Down to 1 after the pass
seanery
The boxster s wasn't quite sure how to let one pass. He was on the brakes here which is way to early instead of lifting. This is where I got on his ass for the next couple laps till he finally waved me by.

This is pit in after the trouble.
seanery
and afterwards with my brother, seth trying to smile
Brad Roberts
Let me know when you want real sway bar/torsion bars/ and some 200 rear springs.

biggrin.gif

B
seanery
after I get a motor sad.gif

got sways in the garage 110s are fine for this car. Blue car has 200# rears, don't know what to do in the front.
jarbuthnot
That's neat!! It sounds like fun and is something I've always wanted to do. But I can do it vicariously through you. clap56.gif
seanery
you don't wanna do what I did this weekend. See tip of the day #3.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.