Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Indoor car cover.. suggestions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Need an indoor car cover. Was looking at the ones from Covercraft. Not sure what the best choice would be; Formfit, Dustop or Flannel. Any of you guys have the Formfit? Suggestions appreciated. Had a Molsom in the past. Thought it was too bulky.

Thanks Tod
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Flannel only for your car Tod. Have them in stock (at least this afternoon!) Perfect fit and like dressing your 914 in Pajamas.

QUOTE(tod914 @ Dec 16 2010, 03:16 PM) *

Need an indoor car cover. Was looking at the ones from Covercraft. Not sure what the best choice would be; Formfit, Dustop or Flannel. Any of you guys have the Formfit? Suggestions appreciated. Had a Molsom in the past. Thought it was too bulky.

Thanks Tod

Tom_T
agree.gif

Flannel - unless you have a dusty environment. Wolf used to make a great flannel one with the side mirror "ears" (sewn on pockets for the side mirror[s] to fit into), but don't know if anyone makes the 914 shaped covers with the "mirror ears" anymore?
realred914
for best protection it helps to double up on the covers for indoor staorage, more scratch resistance.

so you used a molsom to protect your car? So what he do, threaten to blow it up if anyone tried to steal it????? hissyfit.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif cheer.gif
tod914
lol red. Thanks guys, sounds like the flannel is the best choice then. My concern with the formfit being all synthetic, it might not be as tollerant to the engine heat.
Pat Garvey
Just my 2 cents here. YMMV

I use a simple cotton cover, designed for the 914, that I bought 25 years ago! I use this because it's lightwieght and can easily go in the washer & dryer 4 times a year to rid itself of dust & all the other things that float around my garage (don't ask).

However, underneath the cover is layer of old flannel sheets (3) that had no further use in the house. They have been washed so many times that they are really soft. When I remove everything there is no hint of dust or abrasion.

My garage is my reading room, smoking chamber (I smoke a pipe) & private space. It's also my workshop. That's why the inexpensive cotton cover is the top piece - gets dusty, but is easily cleaned.

A few years back I gave serious thought to a flannel cover, but decided that I had a good system & the the flannel cover would overburden my washer when I wanted it clean.

That simple cotton cover IS starting to get a little thin, so I may need a new one soon. Maybe the new one will last another 25 years, at which time I'll be 89! slits.gif

PRS914-6
Every cover I have ever owned allowed dust to get to the paint. I bought the Dustop and have been very satisfied. Still washable, thin and soft on my black paint. Highly recommended.
dflesburg
Walmart. $34

Its not a real Porsche after all...
windforfun
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Dec 16 2010, 03:45 PM) *

Just my 2 cents here. YMMV

I use a simple cotton cover, designed for the 914, that I bought 25 years ago! I use this because it's lightwieght and can easily go in the washer & dryer 4 times a year to rid itself of dust & all the other things that float around my garage (don't ask).

However, underneath the cover is layer of old flannel sheets (3) that had no further use in the house. They have been washed so many times that they are really soft. When I remove everything there is no hint of dust or abrasion.

My garage is my reading room, smoking chamber (I smoke a pipe) & private space. It's also my workshop. That's why the inexpensive cotton cover is the top piece - gets dusty, but is easily cleaned.

A few years back I gave serious thought to a flannel cover, but decided that I had a good system & the the flannel cover would overburden my washer when I wanted it clean.

That simple cotton cover IS starting to get a little thin, so I may need a new one soon. Maybe the new one will last another 25 years, at which time I'll be 89! slits.gif

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.