Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni questions.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BuddyV
I am being offered a couple of Koni adjustable shocks (see pics) in exchange for some money a guy owes me. I have no idea what they are worth, or what condition they are in.

I picked them up today and noticed that one shock has "easy" travel..... the other seems to have a lot of resistance, and springs back a bit if you let off the pressure.

Obviously one is in better shape than the other? Or maybe they are both shot in different ways? I wonder if they are re-buildable... if so, is it even worth it?

I like the adjustable part of this design, so willing to put some efort into them if they are worth the time/effort.

What do you all think these are worth in this condition.

By the way, they have unknown use, and I know that they have been sitting on a shelf indoors for a long time.

There is a foil tag on one of the springs that reads "22".

Thanks.

Robert
BuddyV
pic
BuddyV
.... how in the heck do I add pics??? headbang.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Generally speaking, if they've been bottomed out they're not rebuildable. And, just so you know, if they ARE rebuildable, that service costs nearly as much as new ones. I'd pass.

The Cap'n
Michael N
QUOTE(treborzerimar @ Dec 16 2010, 06:55 PM) *

.... how in the heck do I add pics??? headbang.gif

I'll give Andy the night off of posting this link.... biggrin.gif

Adding pictures to you post.
bandjoey
There are some classic models rebuilders want to match a car. I've seen posts where they spend upwards of a grand. Don't bite unless that's your goal.

If these are any good u should have hard resistence all the way down and back. Lots of shock threads here. Use Search. welcome.png
BuddyV
Thank you all for the advice. Very helpful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.