Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 356 just sold on e bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-356...#ht_1684wt_1167

Totally nuts, needed total restoration.
carr914
How is that crazy? I've seen you trying to sell absolute Junk Cars in pieces for 10% of that. This car runs, has extra parts and has a story behind it. Plus it was on Bring a Trailer which gave it more publicity

MDG
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 17 2010, 03:34 PM) *

How is that crazy? I've seen you trying to sell absolute Junk Cars in pieces for 10% of that. This car runs, has extra parts and has a story behind it. Plus it was on Bring a Trailer which gave it more publicity

I'll take your word on the 'story' part, T.C.

I couldn't read more than two lines of upper case blue type before I lost interest.
ConeDodger
It's a Speedster. It's a real Speedster. It has some history. All of the original parts are available wherever it has been modified. It has very little rust and very little repaired damage. This is what Speedsters command these days...

What would be nuts is if someone bought the cut off VIN number - at any price!!! blink.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 17 2010, 01:34 PM) *

There are perfect speedsters for 150 out there, just found one for a gentleman here.
I think that one sold because of my brother's reputation out there in the 356 arena, T.C..
KELTY360
Unfortunately it would probably hurt our community of CSOBs if 914 prices went that high. One of the charms of the 914 is their accessibility to many enthusiasts who can't afford a 'real' Porsche. A little appreciation is one thing, but putting our cars out of reach would not be a positive in my opinion.

BTW George, the ebay seller appeared to be a guy names Pete Hussey. Is he a relative of yours?

Edit: Didn't see the post above when I was writing this post. Question answered.
Drums66
George.......the carreras, I think are more coveted, but.........as T.C.
stated it's the story behind it! biggrin.gif
first.gif bye1.gif(BTW, I have a friend who has 3 carreras)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Wow. Nice friend to have!.
Pete and I are going to look at a 57 carrera coupe next week, guy has had it for years.

QUOTE(Drums66 @ Dec 17 2010, 02:16 PM) *

George.......the carreras, I think are more coveted, but.........as T.C.
stated it's the story behind it! biggrin.gif
first.gif bye1.gif(BTW, I have a friend who has 3 carreras)

JmuRiz
Seems like a crazy price for a "regular" speedster. I've seen some nice "driver" speedsters for closer to $130.

Oh well, I guess someone had a bit too much money to spend on a chassis that'll need buckets of money to get right.
sww914
I don't ever want regular 914 prices to go that high. Then we'd have parking lots full of bitchy little men arguing to the death about exactly how much sound deadening pad there should be inside of early doors or something equally inconsequential.
VaccaRabite
I do.
I'd sell my 914 for 100K in a heartbeat and buy several more unloved sports cars to restore and fall in love with.

Hell, I'd sell mine for 1/20th of that price and feel pretty good about it too.
Zach
campbellcj
Speedster prices have been sky-high for a number of years but lately even 'normal' 356's are going for a lot of money. I've seen clean 356B/C coupes in the $50K territory and just a few years ago you could get a clean driver for $20-ish if not under. Wild. They have certainly hit full collector status to the point where you very rarely see them street driven anymore.

Case in point, my father in law has one (original owner 64C) that only leaves his garage a couple times a year. It makes me sad but what can ya do.
Mark Henry
Early parts cars and projects are going for big bucks as well. The 356a I had for sale went for a nice chunk of change (more than you guys thought), I didn't come down on my price much at all and I had 2 more guys in line hoping the deal would fall through.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.