Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trany mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bullet
Well I got my motor in the car today. put the motor mounts in went to put the tranny mounts on and found out that i did not get them for the PO. and since all the the parts shops that might have them would be closed tomorrow. I was thinking about making my own mounts with some stips of steel. Do you think that this will work? my plan was to make 2 mounts drill out 3 holes, 2 of them are for the mount to body and the third of the long Bold and nut. Am i full of $hit or will this work as a temperary solution untill i find the factory mounts?
machina
i have seen it done like you described.

dr
Dave_Darling
Not strips, though. Remember, the stock mounts have a thick part in the middle. If you want to position the transmission correctly, you'll need to make something like that. I think they're about 1.5" thick?

--DD
IronHillRestorations
Get a pair of 911 club sport engine mounts. I sell them for like $40 each. They are the same thing used for most all of the firewall six conversion mounts. Sometimes you've got to squeeze the brackets on the body together to get them to fit, but it's not a difficult problem.

I wouldn't use the solid mounts except for a temporary fix. While some claim "more positive shifting", you also get more low frequency vibrations throughout the car. Ask Richard Parr at PMO how he feel about solid mounts!

PK cool.gif
Bullet
I just picked up the "strips" they are about 1" think a peice and i got 2 4 foot strips so that way i can double up. and yea it is just teperary?

Get a pair of 911 club sport engine mounts. I sell them for like $40 each. They are the same thing used for most all of the firewall six conversion mounts. Sometimes you've got to squeeze the brackets on the body together to get them to fit, but it's not a difficult problem.

I wouldn't use the solid mounts except for a temporary fix. While some claim "more positive shifting", you also get more low frequency vibrations throughout the car. Ask Richard Parr at PMO how he feel about solid mounts!

So are your mounts $40 for the rear or $40 for each of the rear? Also Since i have never seen theese before is there any rubber to the mounts or are they solid?

I just have to get this Car out of the work parking lot/Garage I told them it would be gone last weekend when i Ran in to stupid problems then. Also i have never drivin a 914 and am just anxious to drive it(at least here it fire up)

Also I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out where all the damn vaccum hoses go. Would any of you by chance have a picture of an assembled 2.0L fuel injection, from the top so i Some what know where it all goes? My manuel is the biggest peice of crap for trying to reinstall the lines.
Rusty
Vacuum lines? No problem. I've seen this pic so many times, I forget who to give credit to:
rhodyguy
sport mounts. #911.375, there is 043.0 on them also.

kevin
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(Bullet @ Apr 24 2004, 09:21 PM)
So are your mounts $40 for the rear or $40 for each of the rear? Also Since i have never seen theese before is there any rubber to the mounts or are they solid?

The are $40 each, and it takes two. Just like the ones in the photo above.

I do have one of those Weltmiester solid mount kits that I'd sell for cost. I'll never use it.

PK cool.gif
Bleyseng
Thats the pic I did Rusty. Can't you tell with all the mis spelled wurds!

Geoff
Joe Bob
If you use those mounts on a 914/6 conversion....make sure they are mounted right and/or use a large washer for the engine side. Otherwise the engine will end up falling out and sitting on your shift linkage.....ask me how I know..... headbang.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Bullet @ Apr 24 2004, 09:21 PM)
Also I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out where all the damn vaccum hoses go.

Sometimes a drawing can be more clear than a photograph. Sometimes not. Check the following link for a drawing of the layout:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...4_20FI_diag.htm

--DD
reverie
Thank you for the pics/diagrams of the f.i. and vacuum hoses! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.