Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mrbubblehead
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrbubblehead
hi, i just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. my name is doug and i am the new proud owner of a light blue 1974 porsche 914. i come from the vintage vw world. my car is pretty rust free but was an electrical mess. the po removed the fi and had made a huge mess if the wiring. so i basically removed all of the fuel injection and seatbelt warning system. i just about have it sorted now. the wiring is becoming more like an early beetle every day. (simple) there is no turning back now, its carburators for me. with a big box of fi parts on the garage floor. blink.gif blink.gif

i have tons of questions that i need to search and ask. i just wanted to introduce myself before i start posting.
Lennies914
welcome.png

We like pictures. beerchug.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Dec 17 2010, 03:37 PM) *

hi, i just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. my name is doug and i am the new proud owner of a light blue 1974 porsche 914. i come from the vintage vw world. my car is pretty rust free but was an electrical mess. the po removed the fi and had made a huge mess if the wiring. so i basically removed all of the fuel injection and seatbelt warning system. i just about have it sorted now. the wiring is becoming more like an early beetle every day. (simple) there is no turning back now, its carburators for me. with a big box of fi parts on the garage floor. blink.gif blink.gif

i have tons of questions that i need to search and ask. i just wanted to introduce myself before i start posting.

Welcome to the world!! flag.gif
(of PO messes) poke.gif

ConeDodger
welcome.png Should have spoken up sooner. We could have sorted that out for you and Jeff Bowlsby could have hooked you up with a EFI harness no problemo! smile.gif
Tom_T
agree.gif ..... & ...... welcome.png
mrbubblehead
thanks for the warm welcome.
Gint
welcome.png Mrbubblehead Where'd that user name come from? Submariner?
Zimms
welcome.png
davesprinkle
Put the FI back on. You'll be happier. The people here can help.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 17 2010, 04:39 PM) *

Its a vintage VW thing...
McMark
welcome.png
Mike Bellis
welcome.png
I wonder If Dave McKellips still lives in Calimesa.... He's the one dressed like a sheep... sheeplove.gif
markb
welcome.png
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 17 2010, 04:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 17 2010, 04:39 PM) *

Its a vintage VW thing...

you nailed it....
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Dec 17 2010, 05:09 PM) *

welcome.png
I wonder If Dave McKellips still lives in Calimesa.... He's the one dressed like a sheep... sheeplove.gif

we like em like that. beerchug.gif
KELTY360
welcome.png

You do understand that a 914 is Not A Real VW? shades.gif
sww914
welcome.png
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
!
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 17 2010, 05:59 PM) *

welcome.png

You do understand that a 914 is Not A Real VW? shades.gif

so far, the only thing that looks vw to me is the engine and interior light. well a few other parts have the vw stamp. but this car is a whole different animal. the suspensions different, the trans is different (irs drooley.gif) hell they even put the engine in backwards. LOL.

im pretty excited about it. since a 356 is a little beyond my budget this is a nice compromise. i'll post some pictures tomorrow.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Zimms @ Dec 17 2010, 04:46 PM) *

welcome.png

agree.gif welcome.png
hot_shoe914
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png
championgt1
welcome.png
montoya 73 2.0
welcome.png

I came from the Vintage VW world also. All pre 67, mainly type I and II. Still have alot of parts just in case I happen across my barn find! chair.gif

I'm still learning about these cars. The search function works great if you use it wisely. Good luck screwy.gif
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Dec 17 2010, 08:51 PM) *

welcome.png

I came from the Vintage VW world also. All pre 67, mainly type I and II. Still have alot of parts just in case I happen across my barn find! chair.gif

I'm still learning about these cars. The search function works great if you use it wisely. Good luck screwy.gif

this is a very cool forum. im glad i came across it. im just getting started poking thru some of the threads. very informative. you guys really know these cars. and have been very welcoming.
nsr-jamie
914 WORLD E YOKOSO, that means welcome to 914 WORLD in Japanese for you. biggrin.gif

These are really fun cars, most of the older Porsche guys are nice to me here, some snobbery still continues, than I went to a VW meeting in the summer and some of those VW guys were kind of snobbish to me as well...hard to fit in and some times wonder where I belong. Just have some fun with your car and enjoy it. Cheers beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
jim_hoyland
welcome.png Hang on to the L-Jet stuff you're replacing. It really works good on the '75

And check out the annual 914 West Coast Ramble ( WCR ). Planning has already begun and will be held in Oregon: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=108997

mrbubblehead
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 18 2010, 10:57 AM) *

welcome.png Hang on to the L-Jet stuff you're replacing. It really works good on the '75

And check out the annual 914 West Coast Ramble ( WCR ). Planning has already begun and will be held in Oregon: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=108997

i think im going to sell the FI stuff. if its worth anything confused24.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Dec 18 2010, 11:07 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 18 2010, 10:57 AM) *

i think im going to sell the FI stuff. if its worth anything confused24.gif

.....Listen to what he(jim) said...please idea.gif ,,,I will be calling you soon!* WELCOME*
bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.