Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 9014
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lennies914
Found this surfing ebay. I'm sure plenty of you old timers are familiar with these kits. Me, being a newbie, hadn't seen them before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item3f05b6fa98
Drums66
....Ay sonny, discussed in prior threads...not my cup of tea! yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif poke.gif
smoke.gif bye1.gif you'll find those if you do some searches here
or on pelican board Shhhssshhhhhh
Cap'n Krusty
The terms "ugly" and "ill proportioned" come to mind, but then I used to work on real 904s.

The Cap'n
dr914@autoatlanta.com
That was actually a kit we developed in the early 90s to somehow deal with the great number of derelect 914s out there that could not be restored inexpensively. It was a way to completely replace all four fenders, the bumpers and cover the rust bubbles on the back of the rear deck lid, and install super wide tires and wheels. We tried to work with the 914 body lines so that there would be no fiberglass bonding, no cutting of the chassis (except for removing the fenders) and make it relatively simple to install. "A father and son team working over the weekend can assemble this kit and have it ready for body work and paint" I was quoted in the various articles written about it.
Eventually after this red one the first version, the second version, a bit more streamlined, and the final version which is really more 904 ish, the 914 restoration business went wild and the cars were worth restoring to concours perfection rather than installing a kit. The GT steel flare project further put this kit on the back burner as now there was an economical way to put wider wheels and tires on your 914.
We sold the first and second versions to this guy who is on e bay and have kept the final superior and not finished version here for maybe resurrecting some time in the future

QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Dec 17 2010, 04:37 PM) *

Found this surfing ebay. I'm sure plenty of you old timers are familiar with these kits. Me, being a newbie, hadn't seen them before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item3f05b6fa98

914itis
It makes the car looks like a trans am
EdwardBlume
I dig the 904s, but it looks like quite a journey to realize that particular dream... smash.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
moparrob
Putting together a website and re-introducing the cars or the kits could be one of the most lucrative business ventures one could make. Whether cars were produced or kits sold the sky is the limit.

screwy.gif

Hmmm. Dunno about that part of the story. Perhaps compared to speculating in Iraqi Dinars....
speed metal army
Yuck. wacko.gif
carr914
The Worst Abomination to ever come out of the Dr.s mind. I saw one in person at RennSport Reunion III and it was even worse in person barf.gif
jaxdream
Yes , but it was an attempt to keep 914s going on the road piratenanner.gif , and keep interest in them alive.
My $.02.....

Jack / Jaxdream
BigD9146gt
I'm rarely on this site since i've moved to Auz, and go figure I click on the link and watch this ebay "Mythical 9014" with 2 minutes left. I liked these when I first saw them, but over time have come to love even the late rubber bumper'd teeners. But for $510, the market will dictate how "highly sought after" these are. I get the guy is trying to up-sell his product, but it still makes me laugh reading it. Gone are the days of those Ferrari/Lamborghini/Fiero kits. Great attempt George, its not easy making affordable options/parts for these cars, you arguably have the biggest independent impact on the 914. Cheers.
Mikey914
Sounds like an attempt to make you want to keep them on the road by covering rust, not fixing it. I personally would not do this to a 914, but a Fiero, Yes. But if I was doing a Fiero, I'd make it a Ferrari.
just my .02
sww914
I prefer ladies who haven't had a lot of plastic surgery.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.