Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re: looking for wiring diagram for 914-6 relay board....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dominic
I am looking to see if anyone has a diagram/pin designaton for the 14 pin engine harness on the 914-6 relay board? I see plenty of info on the 914-4 relay boards, but none listing the engine harness pins for the 914-6, any help is appreciated! biggrin.gif

Thanks!
Look up Art Zapf ( might have misspelled his last name ) and order his color -6 diagram . Do a search to find his contact info on this site
laflaur
Perry Kiehl has one in his 914/6 engine wiring harness kit.I did mine this past summer and it was spot on.
Fyi it is Zapf
GeorgeRud
I think the old Clymer manuals also had one pictured, though mine is not currently somewhere where I can get to it.

It is simpler than the 914-4 one, and really is used mainly to connect the chassis wiring harness to the engine harness, with the voltage regulator mounted to it.

George Hussey (Auto Atlanta) also has some relay board information in his booklet on converting a four to a six.
JeffBowlsby
Here is what I have:

Dominic
With the help of the folks on the board (Jeff Bowlsby) and some further research, I have completed the following pin listing for the 914-6 relay board:

914-6 14 pin Engine Harness Connector

Pin 1. Black/Red - Ignition (CDI)
Pin 2. Black/Blue - Ignition Distributor (points)
Pin 3. (Not Used)
Pin 4. Red/Black - Dashpot Throttle Positioner
Pin 5. Not Used (Sportomatic)
Pin 6. Red/White - Thermal Time Switch
Pin 7. Yellow - Starter
Pin 8. Black/Red - Ignition Coil
Pin 9. Green/Red - Oil pressure Warning Light
Pin 10. Grey/White - Cold Start Valve
Pin 11. Green/black - Oil temperature Instrument
Pin 12. Grey/brown - backup light switch
Pin 13. Not Used (Sportomatic)
Pin 14. Grey/brown - backup light switch

I referenced the following 914-6 wiring diagrams as well:

http://roadglue.com/forum/attachment.php?a...mp;d=1171141810

http://roadglue.com/forum/attachment.php?a...mp;d=1170261354

Please feel free to share this info if you feel it is accurate. beerchug.gif
Dominic
Click to view attachmentThis information was very useful in helping me with my latest project. The end result will be to utilize as much of this new 993 engine harness for my 914-6 when I install a fully programmable EFI system with Twin Plug ignition. biggrin.gif

jfort
Need to archive this thread
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.