Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creamsickle build party
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Got the call yesterday that the paint was done on the car! Body is all cut and buffed and the hood and trunk are the only thing that aren't ready to be put back on the car (just a little buffing left). The wheels were going to be painted last night and starting Sunday I can start putting it back together again.

Now you guys all know that I'm the type who will spend hours putting one screw in straight. I mean, I have this deasease that makes me do things over and over until they're perfect. BUT I want to put this car back together.

So I'm thinking of throwing an assembly party. Get all you find craftsman (and the rest of you guys who own a screw driver) and make this car a driver again. I was thinking of Sunday, January 2nd. I can use this shop in Auburn what has plenty of light and room to work. I'll need to bring my tools, but if you have a set that's mobile that would be helpfull. I'm not sure if the engine will be ready yet, but I'm going down to the shop where's it at this morning and going to see if they can make it happen. I need to get the engine tin recoated, but I think that's doable.

I could do a BBQ or something to fuel the biomachines. Any volunteers out there?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
nsr-jamie
That sounds like a lot of fun!! If only I lived a little closer or perhaps in the same country...I would be there like that. Sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to gather and make new 914 friends while helping out a fellow teener in need plus a free BBQ. Sounds like a dream come true to me...honestly wish I could be there for that fun. I know lots of people will sign up and show, please make sure you take lots of pictures for all of us to see. Best of luck and cheers!! beerchug.gif
JeffBowlsby
Thats looking GREAT Bill!

smilie_pokal.gif
KELTY360
Hell yeah! I'm in. Does Harbor Freight sell screwdrivers?
JRust
Someone drive their teener! Always nice to have a reference point handy. Of course all the collective genious up there will know right where everything goes blink.gif .

I will see what I can do Billy. I would love to come but sundays aren't the best day for me. I probably won't know for a good week. So don't count on me being there. I will do my best though & would love to be smile.gif . Great to see it finished with paint. Hard to beat that feeling wub.gif
Lennies914
Very purdy.
Wish I was closer.

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Mr.242
I will see what I can do too! Better have a TV set up to because the SeaCHICKENs will be playing and possibly with play-off implications OR we will know by then if they SUCK any worse.

Jamie, if you need a place to stay I got you covered-just let me know!

76-914
Looks great PB. beerchug.gif Like that L80e, too! Myself, I could never allow another to "fondle" my baby. I enjoyed every minute of putting it back together. And, you can do it in 2 weekends by yourself. Plan ahead about how you will support doors and hoods during install. Even if you have helping hands. Caution: a few guys in tight confines, not used to working together as a team, throw in a few beers and I see an unplanned event waiting to happen.
PanelBilly
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 18 2010, 08:03 AM) *

Hell yeah! I'm in. Does Harbor Freight sell screwdrivers?

I'm thinking a 10 and 13mm wrench are a good idea too
PanelBilly
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 18 2010, 10:09 AM) *

Looks great PB. beerchug.gif Like that L80e, too! Myself, I could never allow another to "fondle" my baby. I enjoyed every minute of putting it back together. And, you can do it in 2 weekends by yourself. Plan ahead about how you will support doors and hoods during install. Even if you have helping hands. Caution: a few guys in tight confines, not used to working together as a team, throw in a few beers and I see an unplanned event waiting to happen.

these guys aleady came down and fondled my gulf car. So I know they will respect my baby. I exspect a fair share of teasing though
Drums66
....Coming along swell but,.....there is a spot you missed! poke.gif
flag.gif happy11.gif
bye1.gif (keep up the good work!!) first.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Dec 18 2010, 11:22 AM) *

....Coming along swell but,.....there is a spot you missed! poke.gif
flag.gif happy11.gif
bye1.gif (keep up the good work!!) first.gif

av-943.gif

Cruel....that'll keep him busy...no sleep for Billy. poke.gif
Daiberl
I'm in, I can bring some tools if you let me know what. If someone has a few smaller parts (brake hose brackets, the pin for the e-brake cables at the calibers, and a few other things) and plans to come please let me know, I need a few smaller items to finish my car.

- Juergen
JRust
Anything new? Still planning on the 2nd Bill?
arkitect
Wish I was closer, sounds like fun. What white is L80e? Looks like a good looking white.

Dave
PanelBilly
Yes next Sunday is still on my calendar. So is everynight this week, if I can make the time. I'm determined to put this one back on the road.
PanelBilly
QUOTE(arkitect @ Dec 26 2010, 08:24 PM) *

Wish I was closer, sounds like fun. What white is L80e? Looks like a good looking white.

Dave

it's closer to ivory. I can get the details if you'd like

and a bump to remind your guys. By the way the shop has plenty of heat. But no tv. I'll post the address in the morning. This place is just down the street from my old shop
Sailor
Would love to come and give you a hand and meet some of the central/north sound contingent!
Root_Werks
idea.gif

Is it okay to come if we only promise to watch and drink beer? beerchug.gif
jsaum
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Dec 18 2010, 01:21 PM) *

I'm in, I can bring some tools if you let me know what. If someone has a few smaller parts (brake hose brackets, the pin for the e-brake cables at the calibers, and a few other things) and plans to come please let me know, I need a few smaller items to finish my car.

- Juergen

I may have some of the parts you need, PM me and I'll take a look.

Jsaum
JRust
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 31 2010, 08:30 AM) *

and a bump to remind your guys. By the way the shop has plenty of heat. But no tv. I'll post the address in the morning. This place is just down the street from my old shop

Yeah the address will be helpful. Stil trying to swing it. Won't know until later tommorow. I've got monday off so I will probably crash somewhere sunday night if I can make it. Then drive back monday. I'll touch base tommorow night
Daiberl
Still planning to come but I have to fix my wifes BMW, the door handle was frozen and now it's broken so she can only enter the car through the passenger door which doesn't make her very happy. And I have to change the thermostat, the car doesn't warm up which was not very good last week at Mt. Bachelor at 2 Degree Fahrenheit. Do you need anything, I have a few parts flying around in my garage.
Mr.242
For me it's Family first. I have my kids and it's my daughter's Birthday today!
we always spend the New Years/Birthday up in the snow on Snoqualmie Pass. I know we will be driving off the hill on Sunday (everyone is still sleeping and unknown plans at this point). If I can swing in tomorrow afternoon (my guess of when we will be off the hill); I can chat and say HI for a bit. Will be good to see some folks. SeaSLUGs play at 5:15pm, gotta watch them too!

Auburn Shop, yes? Address...........?
PanelBilly
The Shop is behind Corvettes od Auburn at 3401 C St NE. My cell number is 206 755-1706 if your lost. My Silver SL500 will be parked in front of the shop. I plan to be there at 10. The place is heated and my friend has a great set of tools (as long as we put them away when we're done).

I'd like to get the windowa in the doors and the HVAC back togeather. Hope to see you there

Click to view attachment
JRust
I'm not going to make it Billy dry.gif . I'd like to but I have been driving to much this week. I have a sunday school lesson to teach tommorow too. I'm sure I could get a sub & am tempted. If it wasn't for the drive anyway I'd be there. Not to mention my luck only holds true for finding LE's. When it comes to restoring them my luck is total stromberg.gif
NORD

I'll be down late morning if the weather stays like today.

Will anybody have a complete 914 to check out fitting or extra parts?

driving.gif
KELTY360
See you tomorrow Billy.
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

I spent most of the morning getting parts wheile the crew worked away. Lots of things got done. After everyone left I worked on the door windows and got the wing windows and the chrome posts in.

Next time I have a build party, I'll get the parts all layed in advance. Hey maybe I should do that for myself too...
messix
looks like you guys had a blast! i shoulda come down and given you'all the crude that i've had since last week!
PeeGreen 914
Looks like fun smile.gif I really wanted to come but my family has been sick all week dry.gif Hope to be able to make it to the next one. I'm heading off to Oklahoma on Tuesday but when I get back I am sure I'll need to do some sort of 914 stuff beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
smilie_pokal.gif

Looks great! I blew my weekend car time on Saturday so Sunday was spent doing a family outing to Laconner. sad.gif

Looks like a bunch got done, Troy must not have shown up. happy11.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jan 3 2011, 07:45 AM) *

Yeah, I think that's why there was still some pizza left. poke.gif

BTW, thanks for the pizza Billy. That officially closed out the Eating Season.
NORD
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jan 3 2011, 08:08 AM) *

Billy Thanks for the Pizza Forgot to say so when leaving. chowtime.gif
messix
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jan 3 2011, 08:08 AM) *

you're such a EFFING punk!!! shades.gif

some peoples children.... they should have been more careful with birth control.....you know these things happen when close relatives get "intimate"! av-943.gif
sixnotfour
wacko.gif

car looks great
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.