Full Version: 914 with camper...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
larss
This is a must see, a 914 handling a camper! biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGV8Hhhg9hQ

(Sorry if it has been posted before)

/Lars S
rfuerst911sc
I predict going downhill will be a challenge biggrin.gif .
URY914
So that is what the tits on the '73 and '74's are for. driving.gif
nsr-jamie
Wow, that was funny..first time I ever saw that. What is that? Some old German music video from the early 1970's. Very interesting but wouldn't it be easier to pull instead of push. I have no idea what they are saying or singing about but its cool to see that white 914 push that camper around....funny

beerchug.gif Cheers
larss
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Dec 19 2010, 03:09 PM) *

I have no idea what they are saying or singing
beerchug.gif Cheers

Yes its a German music video ("schlager") from the '70s, its about vacation and freedom, this is the start of it:

"The best part of the day
these are the breaks.
It was always like that in school.
The most beautiful thing in the whole year,
these are the vacation,
even then, our teachers are happy.
Then finally you can do and leave what you own will,
then we are free and no one says anymore, you be quiet

The most beautiful thing in life is freedom,
because then we say hooray."

I have both a 411 and a 914 maybe i'll give it a try someday..
/Lars S
914Sixer
Things that make you go Hummmm!
EdwardBlume
Thanks. I sang along the whole time. drunk.gif
Mr.242
I'm more concerned about what 'topics' were being reviewed/searched that made someone come across this obscure piece of video.

screwy.gif

But nice to see the 914 being used. Reminds me of a CHiPS episode. av-943.gif
GeorgeRud
I also have to be concerned about what one is searching to come across this video. Having said that, I have several German friends to whom I have to forward it!
arkitect
That was pretty funny, a little hard to steer and balanced on 2 wheels - thought I seen a 3rd wheel. biggrin.gif

Dave
Rand
Definitely a 3rd wheel. The trailer wouldn't balance without one. It's a "crazy" wheel towards the back, that's how it was steerable too. You can see it near the very end as he brings it around the corner.
jeffdon
Eeeesh. I need brain eraser. This, for some reason, is going to give me the creeps for some time.
SirAndy
QUOTE(larss @ Dec 19 2010, 12:36 AM) *
(Sorry if it has been posted before)

It has, but it's been a couple of years. biggrin.gif

And i embedded your youtube link for 'ya ...

What's missing from the video is the first part where the trailer comes unhitched from the red car going up the hill. It's not a music video but rather part of a full length movie.

thumb3d.gif
McMark
It's so cool to see a 914 in true period footage. I chuckled a little when I noticed the big crease in the drivers side front fender. A true DRIVER car! laugh.gif
Jacob
My parents came from the "old country" in the 1950's along with some aunts and uncles and grand parents and great aunts and great uncles. I remember hearing this music while I was growing up. Brings back memories. Too bad the "old ones" are gone now. They were such sweet gentle people, I miss them.
Thanks for the video!
racerbvd
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Dec 19 2010, 09:46 AM) *

Eeeesh. I need brain eraser. This, for some reason, is going to give me the creeps for some time.

Yea, the old man with a little girl hidden in the camper, never checks his mirrors, doesn't even notice it is gone?? confused24.gif And at the speeds therre were going...
Thanks for sharing though..
jim_hoyland
That was a great morning waker-upper/belly-laugh; thanks for sharing ! smile.gif
larss
I think he is rather clever in picking up the caravan in the 1st scene, remember there is no digital secrets behind it.
The theme/story in the German movie is in fact totally the same as this cartoon from the '30's(?) but the original does not have a 914... sad.gif

/Lars S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYPwLuGrdtE

underthetire
Wow, they let kids ride in the trailer? Pretty funny, made my morning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.